k jet problems

Gti k jet
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years

k jet problems

Post by Gti k jet »

Howzit guys . I am new to this site so i do apologise if this is not posted in the right place.
I have a golf 2 gti with k jet sistem on.
Now she started jerking very bad a while ago but at time she was performing very well.
So i replaced the fuel pump in the tank and under the car With new distributor , coil and module.
I had a couple of fuel leaks as the fuel pump was modified by the guy who i bought it from thats sorted i checked all my air pipes and replaced a few also. Now my problem is she struggle to start and when she does she idle with a miss after warm up and i drive the car is missing untill 2500 rpm about and then its clean but their power she had is gone she is running warmer then usual. I am no petrol head but love working on my own car .
Please i need help or some advice. :mad: :bang:
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Re: k jet problems

Post by PapaJo »

Start checking for air leaks or cracks on the inlet rubber parts and check around injectors where they fit in the intake for possible vacuum leaks. Did you clean or check that the fuel distributor flap plate is clean and not catching on the side? Was fuel filter replaced when fuel pump was replaced?
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Re: k jet problems

Post by panic-mechanic »

did you check that the lift pump is working?
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.