Deago999
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 6 months
Car Make: Toyota
Car Model: GT86

Polo 6R Air-Vent Problems

Post by Deago999 »

Hi Guys,

Both my Driver and passanger air vents were damaged (by VW) when it went in for its service - issue is I cant hold them responsible as I only noticed like a month after its service ..... I know it was them because 1 my vents were fine before going to them, its only me ever in the car, and when I took the vents out, it was thick with the freshly applied dash silicon wipe that they use....... and It happens because in a hurry to clean the car they wipe the dash down and the vents, but they push quite hard, and Im sure they pressed the middle director too hard.

Issue is the fins fave fallen out of place - now I took them out and there is a plastic bad that keeps the fins in place, I put the bar back on the fins and the click back into place with an audible click ( so its not bar that is loose)

I personally think it is that there isnt enough torque applied from the vent itself applied to the fins to keep them in their slots, so when you go to adjust the direction, me merely touching the middle director can be enough to have the fins pop out (Really REALLY not impressed)

I have tried jamming things in between each fin to increase the torque but it doesnt seem to do much.

Thing is - there doesnt seem to be much (if anything at all) actually stopping the fins popping out of their slot - there is not clip or bar or hooked piece of plastic or anything - I think they just rely on the torque the outer housing applied to them.

Can anyone suggest anything else I can try or does anyone have a spare (Mainly looking for passanger side) they are willing to part with for cheap?

Any advice would be awesome.
2008 1.4 Citi Chico (Carb) - 2013 - 2013 (Stolen)
2008 1.4i CitiSport - 2013 - 2015 (Sold)
2010 1.6i Polo 6R Comfortline - 2015 - 2019 (Sold)
2015 2.0 Toyota GT86 High 2019 -