2006 VW GOLF 1.6 jerking and lossing power when accelerating

Helios117
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

2006 VW GOLF 1.6 jerking and lossing power when accelerating

Post by Helios117 »

Hi guys my 2006 1.6 vw golf has just over 80k on the clock and I bought it a month ago from a trader. Just a little back story incase if it helps with my problem, So when I was test driving the car the fuel was on empty and car just stopped and didn't start up again and when we added more fuel it still didn't start. So the trader said he'll have his mechanic take a look at it. He got back to me few days later saying that the car is running and the issue was a bad fuel pump relay, and they have replaced it for a new one so I bought the car. Everything is fine with it but just this problem, the car jerks when accelerating around 1500 to 2500 rpm and recently it's been getting wore and it's very bad in hard acceleration, I don't know if the sparks are bad or, if theres not enough pressure from the fuel pump, or if the trader damaged the fuel pump when running it on empty; he was cracking the car after it stopped on my test drive, so I don't know if he damaged the pump in the process. I'm not sure if it's the mass air flow sensor or bad coils or a blocked fuel filter. The trader told me that the car done a service before I bought it but he still haven't posted me the invoice on what type of service it was. Anyways I haven't code read it yet but I don't have the engine light on aswell, And the problem is more noticeable when the car is at 90c. Do you guys have any idea? And also another little issue is h and I have my air back light on and it's saying "01217 side air bag igniter driver side (N199) upper limit reached-intrermitted" I think this might be just the air back plug going bad which is under the driver seat but what do you guys think. Thanks you very much for taking your time to read through my post i appreciate your help.
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Re: 2006 VW GOLF 1.6 jerking and lossing power when accelerating

Post by panic-mechanic »

start by changing the pump.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10