Polo 2012 vivo... what is this part?

Bandit2803
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 2 months

Polo 2012 vivo... what is this part?

Post by Bandit2803 »

Hi All. Some help please. A friend knocked the bottom of her car. Front passenger side. Soon after that the temp warning came on. When we stopped someone pointed to a cable hanging below the car. See attached. The wires are yellow and brown. The yellow terminal has pulled out, but seens like it can easily be pushed back into the plastic bit... what is this? Bearing on temp problems. She has only been driving short distances in cooler weather. The warning has not come on again. Any advice greatly appreciated.ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
billionairebum
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Sportline
Membership No: 3194

Re: Polo 2012 vivo... what is this part?

Post by billionairebum »

Outside Temperature Sensor.
Supervan II
Cadet
Registered for: 18 years 7 months
Car Make: SEAT
Membership No: missing

Post by Supervan II »

Ambient temp sensor

EDIT: Oops, beaten to the post! :wink:
billionairebum
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Sportline
Membership No: 3194

Post by billionairebum »

Supervan II wrote:Ambient temp sensor

EDIT: Oops, beaten to the post! :wink:
I feel yours is more correct.
Bandit2803
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 2 months

Post by Bandit2803 »

Bandit2803 wrote:Hi All. Some help please. A friend knocked the bottom of her car. Front passenger side. Soon after that the temp warning came on. When we stopped someone pointed to a cable hanging below the car. See attached. The wires are yellow and brown. The yellow terminal has pulled out, but seens like it can easily be pushed back into the plastic bit... what is this? Bearing on temp problems. She has only been driving short distances in cooler weather. The warning has not come on again. Any advice greatly appreciated.ImageImageImage

Thanks for the help... Google tells me this is only aircon related... not the engine temp. That correct?

Supervan II
Cadet
Registered for: 18 years 7 months
Car Make: SEAT
Membership No: missing

Post by Supervan II »

Bandit2803 wrote:
Bandit2803 wrote:Hi All. Some help please. A friend knocked the bottom of her car. Front passenger side. Soon after that the temp warning came on. When we stopped someone pointed to a cable hanging below the car. See attached. The wires are yellow and brown. The yellow terminal has pulled out, but seens like it can easily be pushed back into the plastic bit... what is this? Bearing on temp problems. She has only been driving short distances in cooler weather. The warning has not come on again. Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the help... Google tells me this is only aircon related... not the engine temp. That correct?
Only MFD related. Unless you have Climatronic installed.
accvw
Enlisted
Registered for: 1 year

Post by accvw »

It's called exterior temperature sensor or something.

The aircon does not switch on without it.
Mine also dislodge after a knock and then dragged and broke off, luckily found the piece, reattached, bought a second hand part from scrap yard, but it was the same price as one from Goldwagen (just R150).
Then it worked again. But I think if it gets wet it also stops the aircon working.

Also the radiator fan goes on all the time if that sensor is broken.
2013 Polo Vivo sedan