Polo TSI Highline Upgrade

Reagan1987
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Polo TSI Highline Upgrade

Post by Reagan1987 »

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this and I recently bought a polo 1.2 tsi highline and I would like to know how to go about upgrading it. Downpipe,Intake,Software and will it void the warranty if I do decide to do these upgrades.
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 2033

Re: Polo TSI Highline Upgrade

Post by Howie-WP »

Reagan1987 wrote:Hi Guys,
Downpipe,Intake,Software and will it void the warranty if I do decide to do these upgrades.
Yes.
billionairebum
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Sportline
Membership No: 3194

Post by billionairebum »

Reagan1987 wrote:Hi Guys,

I'm new to this and I recently bought a polo 1.2 tsi highline and I would like to know how to go about upgrading it. Downpipe,Intake,Software and will it void the warranty if I do decide to do these upgrades.

Dont.
TDIFlava
Cadet
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by TDIFlava »

Why do you want to upgrade for performance if so why did you buy a 1.2? and yes it will void the warranty if you do go ahead with the upgrades you mentioned.
Current:
Audi A3 8p TDI (Decat, twin S4 tail pipes, 17" rims, SQ sound system) (103kw/420nm)
Polo Classic 9n3 1.9 TDI (Decat, SQ sound system)
Golf MK1 aka Gravedigger
Ex:
Citi Golf 1.4 Sport (RIP)
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

There is few of them on the forum that are modded.

If I was you, I would leave that motor alone and enjoy it as is.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
sbu.mah
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK7 GTI

Post by sbu.mah »

Honestly rather enjoy the car as it is. But if you wanna go ahead with the mods regardless then check out the Polo section on this forum, I've noticed number of guys have gone that route

But so you know - your warranty will be null and void

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
MK7 GTI
Revo Tuned
Revo Intake
Roque Performance DP
dubz-on-drugz
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by dubz-on-drugz »

Some strong modded polo tsi are in the region of 100+ wkw. Which packs a punch. I'm not sure how reliable at that power .

Maybe do dp and intake and be happy with the noises and leave software out .hardware can be swapped back if needed. I assume this might help reliability .

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk