VW 6 GTI TSI weaker Acceleration

Curtis_G6
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

VW 6 GTI TSI weaker Acceleration

Post by Curtis_G6 »

Hi folks, I've had my VW 6 GTI for a year now (Second owner) and recently overhauled my car's turbo. After getting the car back from the workshop , I realized that there's a performance difference in terms of the acceleration of my car . Previously when I accelerated , the car's acceleration would almost pull you into the seat , now it's weaker and my 1st & Second gears drags longer ... The technician told me that the car's acceleration was more aggressive before due to the fact that the blow-off valve(I think) was totally warn-out and was letting through way more air than required hence the change in acceleration . Also , the CO2 sensor on the exhaust was disconnected previously , after they overhauled my turbo , they reconnected it . Could that sensor also make a difference in the acceleration?

To me it just feels like the turbo is now kicking in later .
Quick note - I have done the 0 - 100km test yesterday and managed to do it +- 7 seconds

Specs :
Downpipe with powerflow
VW 6, 2.0 GTI TSI, 2011 model
And pretty much standard

Thanks Guys
Shygolf
Captain
Registered for: 17 years 9 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK5 GTI DSG BWA
Membership No: 1156

Re: VW 6 GTI TSI weaker Acceleration

Post by Shygolf »

whoever you took your vehicle too, doesn't know what they talking about. A warn blow off(DV) will result in a lack of power.

Do you know if the vehicle has aftermarket software loaded?
2012 Dec Mk6 GTI CW DSG - REVO Stage 1

Ex 2008 White Golf 5 Gti DSG REVO3 K04 - Weekend Toy

Regards
Hoosen
072 135 7861
Curtis_G6
Enlisted

Post by Curtis_G6 »

No Im not sure bout the aftermarket software , I asked the guys whether they installed/changed any software on the car and they said NO ... He said that they only cleared the errors on the diagnostics report after fixing the turbo. THanks for the response and my apologies for the delayed reply
Curtis_G6
Enlisted

Post by Curtis_G6 »

No Im not sure bout the aftermarket software , I asked the guys whether they installed/changed any software on the car and they said NO ... He said that they only cleared the errors on the diagnostics report after fixing the turbo. THanks for the response and my apologies for the delayed reply