Caddy no fuel,Don't start

Ettos
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Caddy no fuel,Don't start

Post by Ettos »

Hi Everyone,

Could someone tell me what could be the problem on my Caddy Bakkie,fuel just passing fuel rail and you can literally hear it falls back in tank. I don't have all the right tools to test but my gutt tells me the FPR is shot! I'm running Dicktator on bakkie,upon cranking amber light flickers although very weak but it does. When I switch off centre light(green) flickers 1/2 times. It tells me my injectors are getting pulse and the green at the end of cranking tells me my timing is correct! I'm not an expert with this but I'm learning everyday. Did any of you ever experience such problems. On the Data page I get the 220 rpm reading,there's spark,fp primes for 7 secs!Only amber and red light flickers upon crancking.Spark plugs are dry so it's not getting fuel..
chucker02
Captain
Registered for: 11 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Citi ADY

Re: Caddy no fuel,Don't start

Post by chucker02 »

The fuel rails tend to crack internally letting fuel just pass the to the return. Try clamping the return end with a vice grip and see if it starts
Current:

2006 Citi Golf 2E, Dictator, 4-2-1

Ex:
2003 Audi A3 1.8t, Thanas Tuned, FMIC, coilies, DP and exhaust
2007 Citi golf. ADY with Spitronics 60-2, estas 282, 4-2-1, coilies
Rides thread: http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=183329
2002 Citi golf. ADY carb, estas 282, 4-2-1, GW delarey big brake kit.
Rides thread: http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=157603
1971 VW beetle
Ettos
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by Ettos »

Thanx chucker02, however I did that still doesn't make an effort to start
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Post by PapaJo »

So you have pinched the return line closed and still nothing.

You have confirmed spark is there and actually sparking on a sparkplug by putting one of the plug leads on a plug and grounding it to the motor

No injector pulses or fuel passing on injector tips, but you hear oetrol returning and dropping in the tank. You have removed the fuel rail before and there was black debris inside from what you mentioned to me before. Fuel rail and injectors are clean. Are you sure injectors are not blocked internally? You have tested with 12v wired to injectors and then pulsing a negative earth on the motor and has confirmed you hear a clicking sound on the injectors. The mp9 wire plug to injectors was in a bad state on one picture you have send before and that plug is now deleted. Wiring you have confirmed to be the same as per Dicktator drawing.

This lead me to either blocked injectors, damage to the injector drivers inside the Dicktator. The latter might be due to the previous wiring fault and that may have damaged the driver as the video you have sent me and as you stated here has a very dimm light flickering. Hope this is not the case for you. Try increasing the fuel values on the map with 0,3 value increase on the current values on the map on the rpm ranges below 1000 rpm to enable longer pulses on injectors.

With your current prime setting on injectors you should get a petrol wiff or smell if fuel is able to pass through injectors. Remove injector rail from head and check that you do get fuel through the injectors. Wire up so that your fuel pump prime kicks in and remove the negative injector wire from Dicktator and earth it on motor. Switch on ingnition and during the prime period injectors have to squirt fuel. If not injectors are blocked or fuel is not flowing it the right direction.
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Post by PapaJo »

Any updates???? Awaiting your feedback and images from the fuel, ignition and main page setup pages to check.