I need help guys...i have a 97 polo classic 1.6i. The problem is my headlights are very dim

Sampiro
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

I need help guys...i have a 97 polo classic 1.6i. The problem is my headlights are very dim

Post by Sampiro »

:( I've read up on relay install on the forum..but I have two sets of wires for each headlight..i want to know if I can split the wires from the relay the high beam and same for low beam...i have two sets of wires for each headlight....i want to take the two high/low beam wires and join them togher to each relay and split them from each relay to the 2 headlights...any help is much appreciated
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Re: I need help guys...i have a 97 polo classic 1.6i. The problem is my headlights are very dim

Post by panic-mechanic »

so there is a high beam and low beam to each light. basically to make it easier pick the side that is closest to the battery to install the relay.
Cut both hea and both low beams. On the side where the relay will not sit insulate the side that comes form the loom and extend the side to the light to reach the relay. Yes join the two high beam wires and install that on the one relay. Put the wire form the loom as the signal on the relay.
Same for dim.
Remember to put a fuse between the battery and the relay on the supply side.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
seanC
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 1 month
Car Make: vw ,audi
Car Model: mk1 & Audi A3

Re: I need help guys...i have a 97 polo classic 1.6i. The problem is my headlights are very dim

Post by seanC »

Give the guys at violet electronics a call. The sell HD kits that will sort out your dull yellow lights. I have personally installed a kits on all my cars and have sold to my mates. No problems at all. Its plug and play. You can even choose how bright the lights must shine. Give me a call i will gladly give u a demo.......my contact details .....zero6zero5717216.....Shaun
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

And they scatter light everywhere and annoy the living hell out of anybody coming from the front.
HID is focussed differently and is meant to go into projectors designed for it with proper cutoff shutters and self levelling systems so as not to blind oncoming traffic. None of these kits do that and is actually illegal but not that anybody cares about that in SA.
Don't be that guy that blind everybody so that all the oncoming traffic hits you with brights all the time.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
madracer21
Cadet
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by madracer21 »

panic-mechanic wrote:And they scatter light everywhere and annoy the living hell out of anybody coming from the front.
HID is focussed differently and is meant to go into projectors designed for it with proper cutoff shutters and self levelling systems so as not to blind oncoming traffic. None of these kits do that and is actually illegal but not that anybody cares about that in SA.
Don't be that guy that blind everybody so that all the oncoming traffic hits you with brights all the time.
+100000

The guys on the road with after market headlights are very annoying.
VAG Fan
Lieutenant
Registered for: 8 years 1 month

Post by VAG Fan »

madracer21 wrote:
panic-mechanic wrote:And they scatter light everywhere and annoy the living hell out of anybody coming from the front.
+100000

The guys on the road with after market headlights are very annoying.
+ another 100000

When I see one of those, I quite willingly and ruthlessly switch to brights.
Mark R.
- - - - - - - - - -
2004 VW Golf TDI, type 1J, AHF, 317k (2016-current) --- daily
1990 VW Fox, type 16, HM, 304k (2005-current) --- spare runaround
Previous:
1992 Audi 500 SE, type C4, AAR (2001-2020) --- nice while it lasted
1983 VW Golf GTS, type 17, FR (1992-2005) --- most fun car I've ever had
1978 Audi 100 GLS 5E, type 43, WC (1991-92) --- died in the side of a Rekord who cut me off
- - - - - - - - - -
madracer21
Cadet
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by madracer21 »

VAG Fan wrote:When I see one of those, I quite willingly and ruthlessly switch to brights.
I seriously get the urge to pull them over. beat the hell out of them and shove the headlight into their rectum.
Then they go past and I calm down after a moment or two :lol: