2009 Velociti 1.4i

JKManuel
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 6 months

2009 Velociti 1.4i

Post by JKManuel »

Good morning all.

I am new to this site. I am the owner of a Volkswagen Golf 2007 Velociti 1.4i which I purchased in 2009. Since then she has given me good service and has covered in excess of 150,000 kilometres. A year ago she was broken into, and among other things, her workshop manual and service booklet was stolen (in fact, the thieves made off with the contents of the cubby hole). She has been standing, unused in my backyard for a couple of months now, and I would like to get her on the road again, but after I replaced the battery (fully charged) and starting her up, a couple of things happened.

The alarm goes off when the ignition key is turned and sounds off for a minute or two and the Oil Pressure warning light goes on. I checked the dipstick which shows oil level is OK. I know very little about the inner workings of any motor vehicle, but my first instinct is to replace the oil filter and engine oil. As I am a pensioner, I cannot really afford to take her to a mechanic or service centre (although I took her to an authorized workshop for regular service intervals for the first 120,000km).

What I seek is some advice from the users of this forum -- for instance where can I obtain a free PDF copy of the User/Workshop manual?

kindest Regards
JK Manuel
jkm571009@gmail.com
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Re: 2009 Velociti 1.4i

Post by panic-mechanic »

is the rev counter working?. If the motor is running but no rev counter it will give the oil pressure warning.
If it works then listen for unnatural clattering / noise in the motor which will indicate an actual oil pressure issue.
The BEST would be to get a mechanical gauge on and see if there is actual oil pressure before you destroy the motor.
I have not seen PDF version of an owners manual but that does not mean it does not exist.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Gerhardusswanepoel
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

Re: 2009 Velociti 1.4i

Post by Gerhardusswanepoel »

I've also got one I want to install a cruise control is it possible?

Thank you!
Gerhard