VW Polo Cross 1.6 Petrol 2010

Estiaan1234
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

VW Polo Cross 1.6 Petrol 2010

Post by Estiaan1234 »

Hi guys, I have a few questions about my car

Firstly why is there a 1.6tdi but not a 1.6 tsi?

Secondly if I wanted to turbo my car could I regularly turbo it would it be already turbo fit or would I have to change pistona head ect?

Thridly, my car's 5th gear is really lazy, how can I go about it to increase performance if not turbo boosting it? I had alot of guys tell me go change the ecu chip ul get 30 more khw and then others say its not really so.

I asked a friend and he said its best to ask vw guys about it

Thanks for the assistance in advance
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Re: VW Polo Cross 1.6 Petrol 2010

Post by panic-mechanic »

These kind of posts always amazes me. Did you not test drive the vehicle? Did the lack of performance not show up at that stage?
There is no 1.6 tsi becuase a) vw does not make such an engine anymore b) they don't make a turbo petrol cross polo.

There is no simple way to turbo your engine no. It will require a way to drop compression ratio and a lot of other work.
No chipping you naturally aspirated 1.6 petrol will not give you 30 extra anything.
Save your money and trade your petrol one in on a tdi. It performs better. But go test drive it first.
If you still need more oomph consider a polo gti. That one is petrol , already has a turbo on performs a lot better.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Werner92
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 6 months

2008 polo 1.6 8v bah performance

Post by Werner92 »

Vw 1.6 8v bah polo engine what is the gain that i am going to get from the list that i am doing now

40thou oversize pistons.
440cc injectors.
Performance cam 288.
Head port and polish.
Crank balance and knife edge.
Chip plus dyno.
Freeflow exhaust. Any ideas

And the engine have to be rebuilded. So need some advice how much gain i will get? Sorry for posting here its my first time on the site.