Vw 1.8 kr 16v running on mp9 issues !

Junaid98
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Vw 1.8 kr 16v running on mp9 issues !

Post by Junaid98 »

Hi guys as ive said in a previous forum, I have a vw golf mk3 98 , The car originally had a 1.6i motor running on mp9 , I swopped out the 1.6 8v engine and did a conversion to a 1.8 kr 16v motor from a mk2 gti, But im getting issues, The motor is in the car and everything is connected up.

Got the ecu remapped to a ferrolli performance 2l map and got the Cos set , that had helped my previous problem ive had with the car with it not idling at all. But now the car starts up and idles correctly with some small adjustment with the dizzy its sits at 900rpm quite smoothly. but once the engine is idleing for about 10 - 15 min and gets up tp its correct temperature it will start to cut out, from petrol starvation and will die out shortly after and will only start back up once it is cold again, There is spark and fuel coming through but will not start unless it cools down for some reason.

please guys any ideas of what the issue could be ? would be much appreciated.

oh and when i like DRIVE the car down the road to test it when its (COLD) only it will die out when i break and come to a stop ?

Thanks
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Re: Vw 1.8 kr 16v running on mp9 issues !

Post by panic-mechanic »

You need to see what the engine temperature is reporting to the mangement. Ie. Do a vcds scan on the management and see if the engine temp appears correct and if there are other faults reported.
Is the idle motor working, do you see it move? Have you done a calibration on it?
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Junaid98
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by Junaid98 »

panic-mechanic wrote:You need to see what the engine temperature is reporting to the mangement. Ie. Do a vcds scan on the management and see if the engine temp appears correct and if there are other faults reported.
Is the idle motor working, do you see it move? Have you done a calibration on it?

Hi, ive changed my temperature sensor as i have thought that was the problem, now my temperature gauge does not work at all even if i plug in my old one again, on vcds i get my temperature reading but it now dies out at 40degrees on vcds rather than when it used to do it at correct temperature 90degrees, Ive unplugged my sensor and it still reads temperature on vcds, is there another connection in the mp9 system that it could be getting a temperature reading from ?

My Throttle body is working , i can see that it will compensate for a cold start and it will show on vcds my TB degree angle, ive got a spare, might just try it out to see if it makes any difference. its really weird cause the car will idle perfect for 10 min then just randomly start to starve on petrol even though i can feel in the fuel lines there is petrol coming through and returning. :sad:
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

There is most likely a missing or broken earth that stops the temperature form working and that is an issue you will have to fix as it might be causing part of your problem. not kowing what the harnass looks like I can't help with a location to look for the broken earth
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.