Brake lights not working on a 2006 Velociti

jamalk452
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 2 months

Brake lights not working on a 2006 Velociti

Post by jamalk452 »

Good morning, y'all. I have a 2006 Velociti and 2-days i turned on my lights as i always do and the left front head light did not turn on but the right on did, and when i turned on the beams all the lights turned on including the same right headlight that did not turn on when i switched them off, and once i turned off the beams only the left headlight remains on. As i stepped on the brakes before moving i noticed that my brake lights were also affected as they do not go on when compressed but the park-lights at the back remain on whilst the lights are on but the brake lights do not go on when i step on the brakes. I then checked all the bulbs and they are fine, checked the fuses and none was burnt.

The other issue i have is that i have noticed that my clutch pedal has now sunken in as when i press on it there's a screechy sound as though a cable is being forcefully pulled against the bodywork, however, this car has a new clutch system where there's a bracket (for a lack of a better word) that's on the inside of the hood on the firewall which when you step on the clutch it pulls the rod that then pulls the clutch cable linked on the gearbox.

Please assist with these issues as i do not know what the issue may be despite my speculation of it being an electrical issue regarding the brake lights & headlight.