duggy8v
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK3 GTi 2.0 8v

ELM327 Bluetooth OBDII scanner- Corsa B 1.4i

Post by duggy8v »

Hi all

Bought 1 of these from a local supplier in DBN. My last resort was this after going through so much with regards to rad fan not coming on on time. I just wanted to see what the diagnostic tool had to say/show.

The unit connects fine to laptop or mobile. Used over 10 apps. They all have the same error; Cannot connect to ECU.

There was 1 app where whenever it was about to connect, my anti- hijack came on. And I'd have to keep pressing the button for it to access. It's like the alarm system was blocking it's access. Every time I pressed the alarm button, it sounded. Which means the alarm is interfering with connecting.

Did anybody have this issue ?

'95 VW Golf MKIII GTi
'99 Opel Corsa B 1.4i - Sold
'84 VW Golf MKII CSL - 2.0 8V AFW - Sold
duggy8v
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK3 GTi 2.0 8v

Re: ELM327 Bluetooth OBDII scanner- Corsa B 1.4i

Post by duggy8v »

Oh, all apps only show battery voltage. Which is looking suspicious. 12.2v when car is off. Is that normal ?

Maybe that's why fan not coming on.
:roll:

'95 VW Golf MKIII GTi
'99 Opel Corsa B 1.4i - Sold
'84 VW Golf MKII CSL - 2.0 8V AFW - Sold
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

you need to measure voltage with the car running. 12.7 is normal charged battery voltage engine not running but it won't stop the fan coming on.
13.8 is what alternator must charge at when hot and around 14.2 when cold. Use a voltmeter not an app.
none of that will stop the fan from running.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
mellos
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by mellos »

duggy8v wrote:Hi all

Bought 1 of these from a local supplier in DBN. My last resort was this after going through so much with regards to rad fan not coming on on time. I just wanted to see what the diagnostic tool had to say/show.

The unit connects fine to laptop or mobile. Used over 10 apps. They all have the same error; Cannot connect to ECU.

There was 1 app where whenever it was about to connect, my anti- hijack came on. And I'd have to keep pressing the button for it to access. It's like the alarm system was blocking it's access. Every time I pressed the alarm button, it sounded. Which means the alarm is interfering with connecting.

Did anybody have this issue ?
The device is most probably not compatible with your vehicle.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

mellos
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by mellos »

duggy8v wrote:Oh, all apps only show battery voltage. Which is looking suspicious. 12.2v when car is off. Is that normal ?

Maybe that's why fan not coming on.
:roll:
Radiator fan is controlled by what temperature your thermostat opens at and your radiator fan switch, check those and you will definitely find your problem, low battery will show up with your car not starting or having a slow turn over, If I am reading your post correctly it says your radiator fan is coming on but not at the right time, make sure the thermostat and radiator fan switch are the correct ones for your vehicle.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk