Shavz
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 9 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK5 2.0 FSI

G5 2.0FSI CV Joints

Post by Shavz »

Hi Guys,

I’m going to hit a short into as well (although I know this is not the into section :wink: ) – So I’m a proud owner of a little G5 2.0FSI 2005 :driving: . Old but I still LOVE the car… every day feels great to drive it. It has everything, from heated seats to auto wipers, sunroof… when I look at a replacement for like for like the price of cars these days are so crazy so I’m just going to keep my G5 for as long as I can. One of the coolest things that happened to me is after like 3 years of owning the car I found a button on the side of the seat… freaking lumber support!!! Man I was stoked. I know lots of cars have all these awesome stuff, and more… I’m just very passionate and of my little G5 that I feel is just so much value for what you get.

I’m here looking for help with CVs, I need to get my CVs done and want to know if anyone can recommend a good place in Midrand. I got the CVs done at CV auto clinic some time back, not more than 2 years ago and they already going again. It was not original VW CVs that was put on so I don’t know if that is the reason for them fading out on me so quick. I don’t spin my car… I’m a bit heavy on the foot at times but this is very occasionally.

Thanks for taking the time to check out this thread! :hurray:
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Re: G5 2.0FSI CV Joints

Post by panic-mechanic »

Could be that they were not greased properly. Sorry I don't know midrand well enough to recommend somebody.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 1 month
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

Powerflow midrand - speak to Nikash

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk
When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Ashveer03
Lieutenant

Post by Ashveer03 »

Also supply your own cvs as some shops tend to use cheap quality parts.. I have goldwagons WAG cvs on my polo tdi havnt had a problem yet been over 2years

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Shavz
Enlisted

Post by Shavz »

Ashveer03 wrote:Also supply your own cvs as some shops tend to use cheap quality parts.. I have goldwagons WAG cvs on my polo tdi havnt had a problem yet been over 2years

Thanks! will try the WAG stuff
Ashveer03
Lieutenant

Post by Ashveer03 »

Cool

Shavz
Enlisted

Post by Shavz »

Just an update... in-case someone else gets here looking for a solution.

So I keep all my slips and details for any work that I do on my car, I check and my left CV was done 3 years ago... so I took it back to the same place, CV Auto Clinic in Midrand. They check and now it is the right hand side... so I got it done with them as the one they had done on the left 3 years back is still going strong.

Very happy with their service! CV Auto Clinic Midrand gets a recommendation from me! And they even washed my car while it was there... so cool!