Leaning out what does this mean? - Car leaning out

NOS TRADAMUS

Post by NOS TRADAMUS »

Hi guys

Can anyone please help me out here what does this mean that my car is leaningout?

Reason being on sunday at the glen , i had my car for it's second dyno run and must say that i was'nt impressed with my results but the guy that dynoed my car ,said to me that my car is leaning out big time. so how do i have to take my car and have dynoed to check it out.

please help needed . :(
Stealthy Sonic

Post by Stealthy Sonic »

How much did you get at the glen?
NOS TRADAMUS

Post by NOS TRADAMUS »

First dyno at Performance VW i got 66kw on the wheels
Second dyno at the glen 55kw on the wheels

My car really not performing as good as it used to perform, or maybe it's just all in the mind.
Stealthy Sonic

Post by Stealthy Sonic »

I thought at Performance VW your car did 89 kw, cause when I phone them to do it to my car, they said about 87kw, (on dyno) did they mean at the flywheel? ???
NOS TRADAMUS

Post by NOS TRADAMUS »

That's on the flywheel, but very nippy , last week wednesday me and my buddy who ownes toyota 16v twincam decided to have a go at it each other. From 1st up untill 3rd gear i rule, there on after i sit a car lenght behind him . And he has billet cams, gas flowed head,branches , freeflow,and unichip. ???
Bio-Surge
Lieutenant-Colonel
Car Make: Toyota, VW, Mahindra
Car Model: '95 Hilux 2.4tD
Membership No: missing

Post by Bio-Surge »

I may be wrong but doesn't leaning out mean that through the rev range the air fuel mixture is leaning out? That you are running the correct airfuel mixture for lower revs but not for higher revs. Usually people say the car is running lean?
I would like to apologize to anyone I have NOT offended.
Please be patient.
I will get to you shortly...

Bio-Surge@Netraver.org.za
Scaring satan and little children since '78
Nezaam POLO-R
Cadet

Post by Nezaam POLO-R »

NOS,

66kW on the wheels sounds good and correct as my Polo 1600 Mp9 also did that before the mods with only the cone filter.

So i think you shouldnt bother yourself too much with the 55 at the glen.

Dont feel bad either boet , cos its all in the mind and not all dynos are the same.

:cool:
Nezaam
'98 2.0 Polo-R 8v
'88 1.3 Fox (Foxy Cleopatra) - Project Trackcar
NOS TRADAMUS

Post by NOS TRADAMUS »

Shweet Nezaam :) :cool:

Bio-Surge do u think that could be sorted out on a dyno?

???
Gassed
Cadet

Post by Gassed »

How can the guy tell you that the car was leaning out when he didn't even put a C.O probe into the exhaust.

And if it was the guy doing the runs , i wouldn't take for granted what he said, IMHO he din't know the first thing about a dyno and how to run a car on a dyno... ???
Insanity Helps.....
Bio-Surge
Lieutenant-Colonel
Car Make: Toyota, VW, Mahindra
Car Model: '95 Hilux 2.4tD
Membership No: missing

Post by Bio-Surge »

Well taking into consideration what Gassed said... If he didn't have a CO meter then he was assuming and assumption is the mother of all ******. If you are worried take it back to Performance VW and have them do a dyno run for you.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have NOT offended.
Please be patient.
I will get to you shortly...

Bio-Surge@Netraver.org.za
Scaring satan and little children since '78
gambit
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by gambit »

Leaning out means that you are not getting enuff fuel through on top,your air mixture is too high and fuel too low.
As gassed said, yes this guy probably does not know what his talking about seeing the he did not have the CO metre hooked up to your car..
Question to you is,does your car surge on topend, does it feel like its holding back?
Current
'04 Audi A4 1.8T (140kw)
Past
'06 Yamaha YZF-R6
'05 Golf 2.0 TDi Sportline*SOLD*
mk1 CTi 2.0 16vT (Robin)*SOLD*
'09 Chevrolet Captiva 2.4 16v*SOLD*
'05 Nissan Hardbody 3.0 16vTDi *SOLD*
'04 GTi 132kw Custom FRC remap *SOLD*
'92 GTi 2.0 16vT (Lana) *SOLD*
'94 2.0 CLi Jetta (Lois) *SOLD*
'91 GTi 1.8 16v *SOLD*
'87 Citi Sport 1600 (2E motor) *SOLD*

VWCSA # 1253
"I know that son-of-a-b!tch is cheating!..'cos i'm cheating and he beat me"
NOS TRADAMUS

Post by NOS TRADAMUS »

Howzit gambit,

Not actually car seems fine does'nt seem like it's holding back . Yep that oke at the dyno day was probably speaking through his ass.

Thanx gambit just wanted to find out what this monkey was speaking about. :cool: