Help - Feul injection/side draughts

mad driver

Post by mad driver »

Please help. What will be the better way to do with a jetta engine with a std cab. Go to feul injection and what injectors to use or the old side draughts and what size to go :O
Rabbit16v
VWCSA Member
Membership No: 63

Post by Rabbit16v »

Deleted ........
Last edited by Rabbit16v on Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOOST - The ONLY replacement for displacement.
gambit
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by gambit »

I totally agree with rabbit, I am using sides at the moment, the car performs very well with it, but I can tell you, as soon as I have the extra money, I will definately go for programmable injection, less hassle,easier tuning, much,much better fuel consumption...
Current
'04 Audi A4 1.8T (140kw)
Past
'06 Yamaha YZF-R6
'05 Golf 2.0 TDi Sportline*SOLD*
mk1 CTi 2.0 16vT (Robin)*SOLD*
'09 Chevrolet Captiva 2.4 16v*SOLD*
'05 Nissan Hardbody 3.0 16vTDi *SOLD*
'04 GTi 132kw Custom FRC remap *SOLD*
'92 GTi 2.0 16vT (Lana) *SOLD*
'94 2.0 CLi Jetta (Lois) *SOLD*
'91 GTi 1.8 16v *SOLD*
'87 Citi Sport 1600 (2E motor) *SOLD*

VWCSA # 1253
"I know that son-of-a-b!tch is cheating!..'cos i'm cheating and he beat me"
zahid16v

Post by zahid16v »

Hi I've just had twin weber 45's fitted to my 18 16v. Performance wise big difference from the stock kjet FI, top end very nice, accelaration through the gears is mmmm yum yum, but low down cruising really suffered. Could not drive below 80 and then idilling very eratic. For me this is ok as the jetta is now my second car and play thingy. Did mess around with the sidies tuning, can now drive 60 in 4th but my accellaration rate has suffered. Went for a cruise to the audio show in somerset west over the weekend and the car performed well. Lot to learn about tuning these webers still, Big learning curve, I guess Programmable FI will be Much easier to tune. Could not find any info on the web for tuning 18 16v with sidies, if anybody knows of any sites drop me a line please.
(zahid.williams@masecobytes.co.za)
Another thing with sidedraughts, for a first timer is i have to change my driving style learn to blip the throttle nicely for a smooth take , the gas pedal feels harder. Can't comment on the fuel consumption as yet as my gauge is not registering propery, sympton of vandalism.
TURBULENCE
Cadet

Post by TURBULENCE »

Zahid, try www.webcon.co.uk. Usefule info on jetting and setting up of the carbs for 16v. Hope that helps :)
2016 Polo TSI Highline, Urano Grey, dsg
2009 Golf GTI, United Grey, dsg - ex
2006 Golf GTI, Tornado Red, manual - ex
2004 Golf GTI 132kw 6MT, Anthracit Blue - ex
2000 Corolla RSI 6MT, white - ex
1997 Jetta VR6, indigo blue - ex
2001 Citi.com, indigo blue - ex
1983 Golf GT 2dr, red - ex
1996 Jetta VR6, burgundy - ex
1998 Polo Classic 1.6, indigo blue - ex
1990 Citi Sport 1800, red - ex