polo electric window problem

razzberry2
Enlisted
Registered for: 10 years 1 month

polo electric window problem

Post by razzberry2 »

hi guys
i have a 2007 vw polo 1.9 tdi sportline and im having issues with my left side electric window which does not work
i removed the door plugs and sprayed some wd 40 in the plugs to displace any corrosion in the plugs
the window works fine after that and there are no issues with the wiring or the electric motor
however this fix is temporary and the window stops working after 5 minutes like clockwork so i repeat the above plug removal and spray and the window works again
i cannot operate the window from the drivers side switch though and drivers side window operates normally
any ideas?
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 2033

Re: polo electric window problem

Post by Howie-WP »

Would be better to rather use electrical switch spray and not WD40. Are you sure there is no short or break in the wires? Have you tried resetting the window switches?
razzberry2
Enlisted

Post by razzberry2 »

thanxs for your reply i will use switch spray in future

my auto electrician confirmed no breaks in the wiring and was baffled by the intermittent functioning of the electric window and could not find the fault.

i suspect that the comfort control module affects the window operation in some way

can u explain the setting procedure for the window switches?thanx
B_rad
Major
Registered for: 12 years
Car Make: Ford
Car Model: Fiesta ST180
Membership No: 1835

Post by B_rad »

Try resetting your windows by opening them both fully. Close the door, insert the key in the drivers door lock and turn to lock the door. Leave the key turned until the windows close fully. Unlock with the remote and check if it works. I have reset my windows like thag before.
razzberry2
Enlisted

Post by razzberry2 »

thanx will give it a try
razzberry2
Enlisted

Post by razzberry2 »

turns out my left side electric window is working again

i replaced the loom wiring in drivers side door
because my cabin light would not go on when entering the vehicle, my lights on chime when door is open would not work and the door open icon on the dash display would not go on.
my central locking also had a mind of its own and would activate spontaneously.
i also cleaned the microswitch on the doorlock but the problem still persisted till i bought a complete loom with plugs(plugs not sold seperately)from the breakers.
i suspect that the loom plugs in the door bulkhead were at fault,probably corroded.
RudeBoy9n3
Enlisted
Registered for: 8 years 11 months

Post by RudeBoy9n3 »

razzberry2 wrote:hi guys
i have a 2007 vw polo 1.9 tdi sportline and im having issues with my left side electric window which does not work
i removed the door plugs and sprayed some wd 40 in the plugs to displace any corrosion in the plugs
the window works fine after that and there are no issues with the wiring or the electric motor
however this fix is temporary and the window stops working after 5 minutes like clockwork so i repeat the above plug removal and spray and the window works again
i cannot operate the window from the drivers side switch though and drivers side window operates normally
any ideas?

I have this exact same problem, if anyone can help me, or advise me where I can get the door wiring loom for a better price (VW malmusbury quoted me R10 000. What a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
razzberry2
Enlisted

Post by razzberry2 »

Anybody having a problem with polo" lights on warning chime"not working.
The problem exists together with central locking malfunctioning and "door open "warning light not functioning and left side electric window malfunction.
All these system malfunctions can be traced to one area.
The drivers side doorlock module.
The wiring loom in the door panel runs to this module and is connected with plug to the bottom of the module.Opening and closing of the door over the years will cause the plug connection to be disturbed resulting in a loose connection from the doorlock module to the vehicles internal management system.
I pulled on the plug gently to the right side and all the noted malfunctions above disappeared so I secured the plug with a cable tie to the bottom of the doorlock module
Problem solved.but to get to the plug and doorlock module you have to remove the door panel
Unplug all plugs on wiring loom
Remove window winder motor
Remove window and metal backing plate
You now have access to the door lock module and the plug socket causing the loose connection.
Cheap effective fix with cable ties.
razzberry2
Enlisted

Post by razzberry2 »

Anybody having a problem with polo" lights on warning chime"not working.
The problem exists together with central locking malfunctioning and "door open "warning light not functioning and left side electric window malfunction.
All these system malfunctions can be traced to one area.
The drivers side doorlock module.
The wiring loom in the door panel runs to this module and is connected with plug to the bottom of the module.Opening and closing of the door over the years will cause the plug connection to be disturbed resulting in a loose connection from the doorlock module to the vehicles internal management system.
I pulled on the plug gently to the right side and all the noted malfunctions above disappeared so I secured the plug with a cable tie to the bottom of the doorlock module
Problem solved.but to get to the plug and doorlock module you have to remove the door panel
Unplug all plugs on wiring loom
Remove window winder motor
Remove window and metal backing plate
You now have access to the door lock module and the plug socket causing the loose connection.
Cheap effective fix with cable ties.
RudeBoy9n3
Enlisted

Post by RudeBoy9n3 »

Thanx for the reply dude.
Had u replied just a few days sooner I’d definitely go your route, but I found a work around, so here’s what I did:

I found that after removing the control module attached to the electric window motor (passenger side), everything would work fine, as u said like clockwork. And then 5 minutes after plugging the module back in it’s dead.

So I eventually cut the main power wire running into the control module, and put a switch on it, which I fixed to the outside of the door panel.

So everytime I put the switch off, it’s cuts power to the control module (the same result as unplugging it) and when I turn it on again a few seconds later, magic, it works. All be it for only around 10 minutes when it stops again, then I just have to turn switch off and on again.

So I hope someone else can find this post helpful coz I’ve searched everywhere online and cannot find any info like this.

When I find the inspiration to strip my drivers side panel and apply your fix I’ll be sure to update this post on the results but for now I’m just happy I can open all 4 my windows.

(Also, will removing the metal backing plate on my drivers side door mess with the window mechanism itself in any way? I know positioning the glass again is a real headache)

Franna2017
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

Post by Franna2017 »

Hi guys I have a VW polo 6 2012 comfortline.. My lefside passenger window does not want to open from its switch but works totally fine from the main switch at the drivers seat. I have tried to look for the problem but can’t find anything wrong beacause the light on the switch still works and it opens fine from the drivers seat but the switch at the passenger seat does nothing.. Can you please help me ? I haven’t had it looked at, because I am not sure if it is something major.. Please let me know if you have any advise..Thank you
Franna2017
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

Post by Franna2017 »

I have also tried the reset window thing you mentioned on one of the guys previous posts and had no luck..
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 2033

Post by Howie-WP »

Franna2017 wrote:Hi guys I have a VW polo 6 2012 comfortline.. My lefside passenger window does not want to open from its switch but works totally fine from the main switch at the drivers seat. I have tried to look for the problem but can’t find anything wrong beacause the light on the switch still works and it opens fine from the drivers seat but the switch at the passenger seat does nothing.. Can you please help me ? I haven’t had it looked at, because I am not sure if it is something major.. Please let me know if you have any advise..Thank you
It is likely the switch. The light on the switch is not an indication that the switch works, only that the illumination works. Replace switch me thinks....
RudeBoy9n3
Enlisted

Post by RudeBoy9n3 »

If you really wanna be sure then swap your passenger switch with one of the rear doors switches. You would just need to remove both doors panels

Dynamit3x

Post by Dynamit3x »

Hi have a question I have a 2006 VW POLO Classic 1.6 Trendline the passenger side electric windows doesn't want to work. this is what i did replaced motor then it works for 30min then stops, replaced regulator works for 30min then stops and when you just unplug it for few minutes and plug it back in it works for 30min then stops again also replaced switches and wiring harness what else can can be the problem.
RudeBoy9n3
Enlisted

Post by RudeBoy9n3 »

I believe you can trace the problem back to your driver side door lock module
razzberry2
Enlisted

Post by razzberry2 »

hi all
i do believe that the loom plug below the doorlock module is at fault
if you read my previous thread you will see that a host of different problems crop up at this point due to years of opening and closing the door.
weak solder points develop on the plug which needs to be secured properly inside the door.
if your passenger side window is not working swap switches and see the result.
maleva

Post by maleva »

hi! I'm driving polo bluemotion motion 1.2 Tdi 2013 model. so the driver door window can only go up and down when using a key, but when I try to operate it on the window switch it doesn't work. I tested it with someone switch still it doesnt work pls help
chalmers95
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 7 months
Car Make: VW polo
Car Model: Polo 1.9 ASZ stage 2

Post by chalmers95 »

howzit

where did you buy the wiring loom and how much did it cost you
merlintdi2020
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 2 months

Post by merlintdi2020 »

Hi,

Being trying to fix this for a long long time.
I have a polo 2006 sportline tdi 2 door with a passenger motor faulty.
When I remove the module on the motor and put it back the window works but doesnt work with the drivers side switch.
When i leave it for about 10min the window doesnt work but if i take out the module and put it back it works?
Any ideas why this is the case and I am failing to see a fault as it works but then doesnt.
Yes battery and ignition all pre-checks is good but weird behaviour which is leading me to change the motor and module but why doesnt work from drivers switch also.

Here is the link of the pink module i keep pulling out and in for it to work
https://ibb.co/HHy45ng

Thank you
chalmers95
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 7 months
Car Make: VW polo
Car Model: Polo 1.9 ASZ stage 2

Post by chalmers95 »

merlintdi2020 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:27 am Hi,

Being trying to fix this for a long long time.
I have a polo 2006 sportline tdi 2 door with a passenger motor faulty.
When I remove the module on the motor and put it back the window works but doesnt work with the drivers side switch.
When i leave it for about 10min the window doesnt work but if i take out the module and put it back it works?
Any ideas why this is the case and I am failing to see a fault as it works but then doesnt.
Yes battery and ignition all pre-checks is good but weird behaviour which is leading me to change the motor and module but why doesnt work from drivers switch also.

Here is the link of the pink module i keep pulling out and in for it to work
https://ibb.co/HHy45ng

Thank you
Howzit man, my previous polo did the exact same thing, I did manage to solve the issue by DIY myself, so the main power that goes to the Pink connector, I cut that wire and added an extension by adding a cable and a Lamp switch.

This was done inside the car before going to the door.

This then basically cuts the power to the Pink connector when you switch off the switch

So what you do is keep the Switch off all the time
Power on the switch when you want to open the window.
Turn the switch back to off
Turn the switch back on when you want to close the window again.

if you leave the switch on then you won't be able to close the window again as you will need to open the door and disconnect the Pink connector.

I will try adding a photo and screenshot
merlintdi2020
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 2 months

Post by merlintdi2020 »

Hi,

Thank you, Jaco from JDS auto in randburg repaired it for me as well as the mirror.
I can also confirm your way definite works if someone else is trying to fix just this and not the mirror.

Thank you