Torker
General
Registered for: 18 years
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Golf GT
Membership No: 1464

Re: shaved engine bay - mk1

Post by Torker »

vdub caddy wrote:Curiosity has got the better of me, why do the fuel lines come in on the right hand side of the motor?

Normal Citi's/MK1's have the steel lines coming in from the left hand side of the motor.

This is standing with the bonnet open infront of the motor obviously.
Talking about fuel lines, that is another area where you can clean up, fit a Polo fuel filter with integral 3 bar regulator by the tank and you just need one fuel line to the front directly onto the fuel rail.
Current rides:

VW Golf - 83 GT 2.1 16V 2-door with throttles
VW Golf - 78 LS 2.0 8V 4-door (2.1 ABF with throttles in progress)
VW Golf - '08 Citi Storm - 1.4 for now
Hyundai - 1.4 Getz (daily)
Yakuza Racer
Voora Molester
Registered for: 13 years 8 months
Membership No: missing

Post by Yakuza Racer »

Torker wrote:
vdub caddy wrote:Curiosity has got the better of me, why do the fuel lines come in on the right hand side of the motor?

Normal Citi's/MK1's have the steel lines coming in from the left hand side of the motor.

Talking about fuel lines, that is another area where you can clean up, fit a Polo fuel filter with integral 3 bar regulator by the tank and you just need one fuel line to the front directly onto the fuel rail.
no return needed?
Thupercharged S4
Torker
General
Registered for: 18 years
Car Model: Golf GT
Membership No: 1464

Post by Torker »

yakuza racer wrote:
Torker wrote:

no return needed?
Depends where you mount it, mine is right next to the tank so the return hose is only about six inches long. There is no vacuum point on this setup so your management must be able to compensate the fuelling instead, I'm using Dicktator std.
Current rides:

VW Golf - 83 GT 2.1 16V 2-door with throttles
VW Golf - 78 LS 2.0 8V 4-door (2.1 ABF with throttles in progress)
VW Golf - '08 Citi Storm - 1.4 for now
Hyundai - 1.4 Getz (daily)
Yakuza Racer
Voora Molester
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by Yakuza Racer »

Torker wrote:
Depends where you mount it, mine is right next to the tank so the return hose is only about six inches long. There is no vacuum point on this setup so your management must be able to compensate the fuelling instead, I'm using Dicktator std.
yeah mine aint running vacum as well...

will see what i can do, those ingle fuel rails look the part as well
Thupercharged S4
boost'd
Criminal Troll.
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Post by boost'd »

I have done it on a honda before.
Becareful and label all wires before lengthening harnesses, use as little body filler as possible and make sure you use double flares on brake lines.
I ran the wires in the fenders, brakelines inside the cabin, relocated the battery, used braided fuel lines with AN fittings and an earls fuel filter.
All brake lines were done with AN fittings, teflon braided hose and the hard lines were remade and flared.

EIGHTYSIXAUTOMOTIVE/ACD PERFORMANCE/RK MOTION