Le Clue
Field Marshal
Registered for: 14 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Golf Mk7 GTI Clubsport
Membership No: 1458

Re: Golf 7 Owners Discussion Corner

Post by Le Clue »

Strangely this is only applicable to SA..the rest of the world has the 1.4 with Active Cylinder Management..so as soon as we receive those engines the problem will be solved.
Previous Rides:
2016 VW Golf Mk7 GTI Clubsport
2011 VW Golf Mk6 R
2007 VW Golf Mk5 GTI
2013 VW Polo 6R GTI
2011 VW Scirocco GT 2.0TSI
2010 VW Golf Mk6 GTI
2007 VW Polo 1.9TDI Sportline
2009 VW CitiRox 1.6i
jtm
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by jtm »

Sensorei wrote:Damn, not many happy Golf 7 owners here. This should be renamed the Golf 7 Owners Complaints Corner. I'd expect at least a few guys to be saying how much they're enjoying their 2013 Car of the Year. I hope VW sorts out all these issues asap. :???:
Such brilliant cars but such rubbish service from VWSA.

I'm glad i didn't trade my Polo 6r GTI on another VW. The hassles VW give you if something is wrong is just not worth it. If i compare to the service from Mercedes Benz it's worlds apart. My c-class went in for oil Service and it came back with new shocks, mountings as MB found them noisy and aircon regassed. I didn't even complain about these things.

Really, you guys have a high tolerance for accepting bs. As much as i love VW cars, the poor service has steered me away.
VW MK7 GTI DSG. White.
MB C200 Avantgarde A. Palladium Silver.

Ex's
2006Mk5 Jetta 2.0 TFSI DSG. Silver
2002Mk4 Gti. Silver
2008 MB C180k Avantgarde A. Silver
2011 6R Polo Gti. Silver.
2005 9N TDI Sportline. White
2001 MK4 GTI. Black. Sunroof.
1996 MK3 GTI. White. S3 wheels.
2000 MK4 2.0 Highline.GTI Wheels.
1991 MK2 GTI. White. (Best car owned ever)
1991 MK1 CTI. White. Momo EVO1's
Dawie
Cadet
Registered for: 12 years 5 months
Car Make: Nissan
Car Model: Qashqai 1.5 dCI Acenta
Membership No: 1779

Post by Dawie »

jtm wrote:Such brilliant cars but such rubbish service from VWSA.

I'm glad i didn't trade my Polo 6r GTI on another VW. The hassles VW give you if something is wrong is just not worth it. If i compare to the service from Mercedes Benz it's worlds apart. My c-class went in for oil Service and it came back with new shocks, mountings as MB found them noisy and aircon regassed. I didn't even complain about these things.

Really, you guys have a high tolerance for accepting bs. As much as i love VW cars, the poor service has steered me away.
I fully agree with you. This is my second VW and I for sure did not buy it for such crappy after sales service. I love my Golf 7 and it is one of the best cars I have ever driven but the little things all add up to become a real pain in the behind. How do you let a car drive off the factory floor with two obvious flaws and not notice it at all? To me it seems like VW does not give damn as long as the flaws do not affect safety or reliability of the car.
Current:
Nissan Qashqai 1.5 dCI Acenta (2015)
Ex:
Golf 7 1.4 TSI (2013)
Polo 6R 1.4 GTI (2011)
jtm
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by jtm »

Dawie wrote:
I fully agree with you. This is my second VW and I for sure did not buy it for such crappy after sales service. I love my Golf 7 and it is one of the best cars I have ever driven but the little things all add up to become a real pain in the behind. How do you let a car drive off the factory floor with two obvious flaws and not notice it at all? To me it seems like VW does not give damn as long as the flaws do not affect safety or reliability of the car.[
Dawie, that's the part that used to get me to go from zero to mal **** with vw in 2.5 seconds. Every time i spoke to them about the shuddering dsg on my pgti, i was told that i shouldn't worry, it doesn't affect safety or reliability. They never had an answer for 'What about the precision engineering that you boast about?'.
VW MK7 GTI DSG. White.
MB C200 Avantgarde A. Palladium Silver.

Ex's
2006Mk5 Jetta 2.0 TFSI DSG. Silver
2002Mk4 Gti. Silver
2008 MB C180k Avantgarde A. Silver
2011 6R Polo Gti. Silver.
2005 9N TDI Sportline. White
2001 MK4 GTI. Black. Sunroof.
1996 MK3 GTI. White. S3 wheels.
2000 MK4 2.0 Highline.GTI Wheels.
1991 MK2 GTI. White. (Best car owned ever)
1991 MK1 CTI. White. Momo EVO1's
Esham
Cadet
Registered for: 19 years 8 months

Post by Esham »

I actually forgot to mention something else that bothers me on my car. On cold start my car is quite noisy. Not sure if that's normal as it quietens down quite quickly. Sound like something building up pressure. Anyone else have this?
Dawie
Cadet

Post by Dawie »

Esham wrote:I actually forgot to mention something else that bothers me on my car. On cold start my car is quite noisy. Not sure if that's normal as it quietens down quite quickly. Sound like something building up pressure. Anyone else have this?
Yep I have that as well. It is part of the TSI start up procedure as I understand it. I think the Golf 6 TSI does the same.
Current:
Ex:
Golf 7 1.4 TSI (2013)
Polo 6R 1.4 GTI (2011)
Esham
Cadet

Post by Esham »

Dawie wrote:
Esham wrote:I actually forgot to mention something else that bothers me on my car. On cold start my car is quite noisy. Not sure if that's normal as it quietens down quite quickly. Sound like something building up pressure. Anyone else have this?
Yep I have that as well. It is part of the TSI start up procedure as I understand it. I think the Golf 6 TSI does the same.
Oh good.. Would have hated to add another thing to my "hate" list. (which is much shorter than my "love" list I must add.) :grin:
William1234
Enlisted
Registered for: 11 years

Post by William1234 »

So VW phoned me today and said I still have to wait with regards to the issues with the waste gate rattle and the radio.

How long no one knows...

The guys on the German forums have been complaining since Dec 2012 about the radio and they all say that the dealership says we have to wait.

Really? That is nearly 6 months for a software update that they claim will fix it.

I wonder how long we are going to have to wait?

One guy has had his radio, power amplifier, and rear window areal replaced. And it didn't solve anything.

I have read (and tried it )that a hard reset of the radio fixes the problem temporarily. That is until you drive into area where the reception is bad. The radio must then try to do some automatic gain control but then the signal quality gets worse and remains bad until you reset it.

How to reset it:

Switch the radio off. Then hold in the power button for about 10 seconds. Whilst holding the button in, the radio will start up and after 10 seconds it will reset. The screen will go black and the you will probably hear an audio clipping sound. The radio will then restart and tune to the last radio station you were listening too.

After this reset my radio is crystal clear with high dynamic range. Which is what we all want. But it only lasts until you drive to an area with bad reception and then you have to reset it again.

If you live in an area with lots of hills, like me then this exercise is futile!!

I cant imagine how difficult it must be to fix this bug? That is unless its not a software error and rather a hardware issue.

Here are some links to the forums. You will have to use google translate

http://www.autoplenum.de/Antworten/D/46 ... pfang.html

http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/schlecht ... tml?page=6
1.8R_andre
XSphere
Registered for: 15 years 10 months
Car Make: Bakkie
Membership No: 1378

Post by 1.8R_andre »

And this post now completely put me off buying one.
Esham
Cadet

Post by Esham »

1.8R_andre wrote:And this post now completely put me off buying one.
Don't blame u... My wife is at a point now where she wants me to give the car back! :sad:
Dawie
Cadet

Post by Dawie »

Well despite the issues I have with my car I still enjoy it and plan on driving it for a long time. I am sure VW will sort the issues eventually. I've gots the hopes...

Tomorrow I am driving down to Cape Town to visit my family for a week and it will be the first proper long distance trip with the car.
Current:
Ex:
Golf 7 1.4 TSI (2013)
Polo 6R 1.4 GTI (2011)
Pikkewyn
noob
Registered for: 12 years
Car Make: VW, BMW
Car Model: Polo TSI, Jet VR6, F800GS
Membership No: 1855

Post by Pikkewyn »

Well, we've got a 1.4 TSI Comfortline at home, not mine, am I still welcome on here?
Current:
2015 VW Polo TSI Highline
1998 VW Jetta VR6 Exec
2011 BMW F800 GS
Previous:
2014 Ford Fiesta ST
2014 Ford Fiesta ST
2013 VW Polo Vivo GT
2007 SEAT Ibiza Cupra TDI
2008 Peugeot 207 GTi
2006 SEAT Ibiza Cupra 1.8T
1996 VW Caddy 2.0 8V
2002 Mini Cooper S R52
2007 VW CITI 1.4
2003 VW CITI 1.4i
William1234
Enlisted

Post by William1234 »

Esham wrote:
Don't blame u... My wife is at a point now where she wants me to give the car back! :sad:
Ja I also want to give mine back! These issues have just denied me the pleasure of driving a brand new car.

How can we get this right?
Esham
Cadet

Post by Esham »

William1234 wrote:
Esham wrote:
Ja I also want to give mine back! These issues have just denied me the pleasure of driving a brand new car.

How can we get this right?
I'm pretty with CPA it wouldn't be an issue..
KrugerG
Enlisted
Car Model: Golf MK7

Post by KrugerG »

I just received my new Golf yesterday.

SO excited, and what a lovely ride. And then I noticed the rattle this morning when accelerating.

Dealership says it is a known issue, and they do not have a fix yet.
Dawie
Cadet

Post by Dawie »

KrugerG wrote:I just received my new Golf yesterday.

SO excited, and what a lovely ride. And then I noticed the rattle this morning when accelerating.

Dealership says it is a known issue, and they do not have a fix yet.
Welcome. So give us some more details on your car. Which model and extras?
Current:
Ex:
Golf 7 1.4 TSI (2013)
Polo 6R 1.4 GTI (2011)
KrugerG
Enlisted
Car Model: Golf MK7

Post by KrugerG »

Thank you!

I got the 1.4TSI Comfortline, Urano Grey.

Extras:
5.8" Composition Media Radio
Leather seats (aftermarket)
Le Clue
Field Marshal

Post by Le Clue »

I would love to know how VW does their testing before releasing models..

I sat in a Mk7 again today..a trendline..and I was reminded again how good the fit and finish is.
Previous Rides:
2011 VW Golf Mk6 R
2007 VW Golf Mk5 GTI
2013 VW Polo 6R GTI
2010 VW Golf Mk6 GTI
2009 VW CitiRox 1.6i
Tee Jay
Cadet
Registered for: 14 years 3 months
Car Model: Scirocco DSG
Membership No: missing

Post by Tee Jay »

This is the reason I don't buy a brand new model. Wait a year or two then all the niggles are sorted out and I buy a car with no complaints. I learned my lesson when the G5 launched. Will enjoy my G6 for another year or two and then consider something else.
2010 VW Scirocco DSG
Golf7tsi
Enlisted

Post by Golf7tsi »

A update for all, had my clip installed today only to come loose while driving with the service manager, followed by no power after accelerating so no success and a night with the loan car. I love my golf but never signed up for this. Actually meeting with VWSA on thursday so if anyone wants to mail me letters of your golf 7 would be more than happy to pass them on.
Le Clue
Field Marshal

Post by Le Clue »

And this is the reason why my next car is a BMW.
Previous Rides:
2011 VW Golf Mk6 R
2007 VW Golf Mk5 GTI
2013 VW Polo 6R GTI
2010 VW Golf Mk6 GTI
2009 VW CitiRox 1.6i
crazyuno
Cadet
Registered for: 15 years 10 months
Car Make: Fiat; VW
Car Model: Uno Turbo; Polo 6R GTI

Post by crazyuno »

Le Clue wrote:I would love to know how VW does their testing before releasing models..

I sat in a Mk7 again today..a trendline..and I was reminded again how good the fit and finish is.

Believe you me, they do rigorous testing, some 800km - 1200km's per day over a period of 4 months before a car is released! The funny thing is each and every person that tests the cars, need to have a right up of what was experienced and are qualified mechanics, what I do know though, is if a common problem is picked up just before a release, VW will release the vehicle and start with a solution to the issue, this can take up to 3 - 4 months. :bang:
Current:
MK4 GTI Boosted hard!
2013 Polo 6R GTI- Stock (Xenon's & Panoramic Sunroof) - Rides Thread: http://www.vwclub.co.za/phpbb3/viewtopi ... 1&t=153544
Fiat Uno Turbo- TD04H 16T; 8v performance head (146KW @ 227NM @ Panic; 14.5 @ ODI)
ryanrich
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 18 years 5 months
Car Make: Ford
Car Model: Territory

Post by ryanrich »

Le Clue wrote:And this is the reason why my next car is a BMW.
Same.
2016 Ford Territory TDCi Titanium AWD
2016 Kia Sportage Si
Esham
Cadet

Post by Esham »

crazyuno wrote: Believe you me, they do rigorous testing, some 800km - 1200km's per day over a period of 4 months before a car is released! The funny thing is each and every person that tests the cars, need to have a right up of what was experienced and are qualified mechanics, what I do know though, is if a common problem is picked up just before a release, VW will release the vehicle and start with a solution to the issue, this can take up to 3 - 4 months. :bang:
Seems to me like this problem is happening all the Golf 7's. It happens after about 500km's by the looks of it. I must admit, I was a sucker as I bought my car with the fault and was promised it would be sorted by the time I took delivery, which it was clearly not. (Mine was demo with 1000km's)

My uncle received his one last week Friday and by Sunday the noise was there.
Le Clue
Field Marshal

Post by Le Clue »

crazyuno wrote:
Le Clue wrote:I would love to know how VW does their testing before releasing models..

Believe you me, they do rigorous testing, some 800km - 1200km's per day over a period of 4 months before a car is released! The funny thing is each and every person that tests the cars, need to have a right up of what was experienced and are qualified mechanics, what I do know though, is if a common problem is picked up just before a release, VW will release the vehicle and start with a solution to the issue, this can take up to 3 - 4 months. :bang:
It's actually MUCH more than that..close to a million km's..the problem is the testers are either deaf or does not care about rattles, squeaks etc...
Previous Rides:
2011 VW Golf Mk6 R
2007 VW Golf Mk5 GTI
2013 VW Polo 6R GTI
2010 VW Golf Mk6 GTI
2009 VW CitiRox 1.6i