Anti-Hijack not working

Fly
Cadet
Registered for: 18 years 10 months

Anti-Hijack not working

Post by Fly »

Hey all,

I picked up a problem with my cars anti-hijack, after i had a flat battery and had to jump start the car.

It's a 99 deco citi golf, with a autowatch alarm, the remote is the one with one grey and one black button.

What is happening is that the anti-hijack is not functioning any more, the car doesnt go into hi-jack mode any more, and when you press the hidden button the alarm beeps, but nothing happens.

Any ideas?
MacMan
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Car Make: SEAT
Car Model: Tarraco XC 1.5 TSi
Membership No: 478

Re: Anti-Hijack not working

Post by MacMan »

Fly wrote:Hey all,

I picked up a problem with my cars anti-hijack, after i had a flat battery and had to jump start the car.

It's a 99 deco citi golf, with a autowatch alarm, the remote is the one with one grey and one black button.

What is happening is that the anti-hijack is not functioning any more, the car doesnt go into hi-jack mode any more, and when you press the hidden button the alarm beeps, but nothing happens.

Any ideas?
It sounds like the anti-hijack has been disabled. Push and hold the hidden anti-hijack button and then push the button on your remote. It should beep once.
'20 SEAT Tarraco XC 1.5 TSi
'12 VW Up! 1.0 MPi

Ex:
'06 Golf MKV GTi
'04 Golf MKIV GTi.:R
'99 Citi Golf 2.0i

Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.
MacMan
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Car Make: SEAT
Car Model: Tarraco XC 1.5 TSi
Membership No: 478

Post by MacMan »

Fly wrote:Hey all,

Any ideas?
It sounds like the anti-hijack has been disabled. Push and hold the hidden anti-hijack button and then push the button on your remote. It should beep once.
'20 SEAT Tarraco XC 1.5 TSi
'12 VW Up! 1.0 MPi

Ex:
'06 Golf MKV GTi
'04 Golf MKIV GTi.:R
'99 Citi Golf 2.0i

Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.
VWF KevinGTi
Lieutenant
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by VWF KevinGTi »

Yeh u hold the anti-hijack button down and press ur remost button,its in ur user manuel,u can take it to any alarm fitment centre and they'll sort it for u quick!
"Some people are born with a physical need to take risks." Jeremy Clarkson

Durban
Current -> London Underground
Sold -> Mk3 95' Golf 3 GSX
Sold -> Mk2 89' Jetta CLi 1.8 16V exec
R.I.P -> Mk2 93' GTi 1.8 8v
R.I.P -> Mk2 89' GTi 1.8 8v
Sold -> Mk1 93' Citi shuttle 1.3 4gear

FOR SALE: MK3 Original Towbar R400
Fly
Cadet
Registered for: 18 years 10 months

Post by Fly »

Thanks, working fine now! :D
Babs
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years

Post by Babs »

How's guys I am having same problem everything else works but except anti hijack. I have pressed the hidden button it makes a beep sound and I then pressed button on remote. After that on idil nothing happens. I disconnected my battery terminal after changing my starter. I then removed battery terminal again in order to reset. I went through the manual but same thing. Anything else I am missing out. Any suggestions and ideas.
Lonzo
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 3 months
Car Make: vw
Car Model: mk3 jetta 3

Post by Lonzo »

any luck ?
anti hijack button not working car lights up when pressing hidden button but thats all.
any help?
Lonzo
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 3 months
Car Make: vw
Car Model: mk3 jetta 3

Post by Lonzo »

Lonzo wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:50 pm any luck ?
anti hijack button not working car lights up when pressing hidden button but thats all.
any help?
turn key to on position press hidden button and alarm arm button hold until beep one then agaiin and u hear a sound.turn ignition off. arm and unarm put key back in igniton and turn to on mode to test if worked.
this what worked for me.