Tyres, wheels, width, J, ET, PCD...

Klaas
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Re: Tyres, wheels, width, J, ET, PCD...

Post by Klaas »

HI Guys

Brand new to the forum please point me in the right direction if needed ;)

I inherited an old VW 2.5i Caravelle (1991) from my dad - I would like to change the rims from the current stock standard 14's to 16's perhaps..... I believe they take 5x112 PCD (?)... I am looking at replacing them with VW Jetta 6 original 16inch 5 x 112 PCD rims.....

Will they fit? and is there anything else I need to to consider like Rather go for 15's 17/ even 18 and specific tyre size to improve handling etc etc.

Would appreciate any advice.

TX
Klaas
theunis.visser
Cadet
Registered for: 6 years 4 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Mk5 Golf GTI

Post by theunis.visser »

AvesshenG
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 7 months
Car Make: Vw, Bmw, Merc
Car Model: 81 Vw Mk1 Cabrio,15 Mk7GTi
Membership No: 3258

Post by AvesshenG »

I've got a 15" 7j rim with a offset of et28.. Looking for a safe but good looking stretch, it's a Dotz rim on a mk1 golf, what's a good look, safe yet also not uncomfortable stretch on a 15" 7j rim?
Gaarg
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 3 months

Post by Gaarg »

Hi guys, tell me which tires are better to put on Hyundai Creta https://autoportal.com/newcars/hyundai/creta/ , size 205/65 R16. Tell me something of the inexpensive options. I will be grateful.
Yash777
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years

Post by Yash777 »

Hi guys i urgently need some help and advise. I have a 05 mk1 golf that i recently lowered a couple months back with a nforce 60/40 kit, when i fitted the lowering kit in the car was bouncing in the front even if i had to roll 10-20km it would bounce heavly evn when going over bumps so i took the car back and i changed the one shock mounting i put on that was new to a velocity one i had but didnt change both just the new i swopt out and then it stoped bouncing so crazy so i was told the car will drive so bouncy as it so called normal cause of the 60ml so now aftr 2mths i had enough and cant take it anymore, the ride is super **** whatever i drve over in the road i feel instantly evry littel bump or ditch and now its like hard that my dash vibrates and like moves eveytime thiers any uneven ness in the road or bumps its so bad i want put the car back to original thats how cross i feel after paying close to 2.7k by janjira wu fitted it also. I need to know what i can do to get a bettr ride, if i replace my shocks will it change all this? I dont want to spend money doing it if my shocks are **** and then have this problem again cause then i might well gone back to stock when changing shocks. Plz can sumone plz help and advise me how can i get a decent ride with the current setup i have in my car plz.
vidya31
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years

Post by vidya31 »

Thanks for the links ..!!!
Corsak
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 10 months

Post by Corsak »

Gaarg wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:29 am Hi guys, tell me which tires are better to put on Hyundai Creta https://autoportal.com/newcars/hyundai/creta/ , size 205/65 R16. Tell me something of the inexpensive options. I will be grateful.
Hey bro! Creta is an Indian car, most of parts on this model u can find on boodmo. You can click here to read more about prices, status and other information. Also, on the site you can find options for used parts, for a cheaper price.
Last edited by Corsak on Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
samairakh
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 9 months

Post by samairakh »

Thank You for sharing this information.
Mechanical Design Course in India
khusboosharma
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by khusboosharma »

Definitely, go 60mm front and remain 40mm at the back, the more up to date citi plays golf will, in general, look excessively low at the back, particularly in the event that you fit some stable in the boot. It may very well be extremely fun in the front, however.

Put resources into some coilovers, the Maxtrac isn't really awful and it's very modest.
volcan
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 6 months

Post by volcan »

Thanks!
lgmasters86
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Mk6 Polo 1.6 TDI

Standard Tyres fitted to VW

Post by lgmasters86 »

Hey guys. Does anyone know what tyre brand should come standard on new VW car purchases? Just bought the T-cross, which came with Hancook tyres fitted, and a Continental spare? Not sure if the dealer swooped out my tyres?! Thanks. Luke
Mponzo
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 3 months

Post by Mponzo »

I'm driving a 2014 Polo Vivo with a milleage of 75 000 Km's..I have just started experiencing vibration on my wheels whenever I drive at 100 km's or more..i just want to know what could be the problem
sergiemiyagi
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by sergiemiyagi »

Hi guys, I have the 2019 Golf mk7 GTi with standard diamond cut rims. Last year I noticed the clear coating starting to peel. Took it to the car was yesterday and the high pressure hose seemed to cause some serious damage by stripping a lot of the clear coat off. I've seen a few people complain about how delicate it is. Anybody here experience the same issues? Also, what options do I have to fix it? Thanks
Baartie
Enlisted
Registered for: 2 years 1 month

Post by Baartie »

Hi guys sorry for the long inactivity. I am currently in the States working. I know what I am going to ask are off the topic. I bought myself a MK2 Gti 8V. The guy I bought if from told me that he had put some bigger pistons the 2.6 Caravelle Pistons, the head has been port and gas flowed. At the Moment the car starts but does not idle and it ping when they set it on 0 and if put to 1 it does not pull. Any Ideas what might be the problem. I was thinking that the compression ratio might be the problem. Please advice me where I can go to get this fixed Please Dubbers thank you in advanced. You guys can even DM me 071 946 3210.
Baartie
Enlisted
Registered for: 2 years 1 month

Post by Baartie »

I am going to be back in South Africa on the 2nd of July. Staying on Cape Town's West Coast
paulc
Enlisted
Registered for: 1 year 7 months

Post by paulc »

Hi guys

I have a 2012 Tauran with 16" mag wheels - I want to know if I can replace these mags with 15" standard rims ? I think the Caddys have 15"?

(The 16" mag wheels with the low profile tyres are'nt suitable for the gravel roads which I drive on daily).

Thanks. Paul
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer
Registered for: 18 years 4 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Membership No: 806

Post by Neuk »

paulc wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:03 pm Hi guys

I have a 2012 Tauran with 16" mag wheels - I want to know if I can replace these mags with 15" standard rims ? I think the Caddys have 15"?

(The 16" mag wheels with the low profile tyres are'nt suitable for the gravel roads which I drive on daily).

Thanks. Paul
Get the spec's of the 15" wheels to compare to the 16", like width and offset, and check if you might have brake clearance issues with the 15" wheels.
Current Garage:
Daily Drive: 2014 VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Project Fes: 1982 VW Golf GLS 1.5
Project FeO: 1966 VW Type 2 Transporter Kombi Split Window

Previous Garage:
Roxy: 2015 VW Golf R
Vagon: 2005 Audi B6 A4 1.8T (140kw) Avant
Project XXXX: 1967 VW Type 3 Variant (Squareback)
Project Betty: 2005 Polo 1.9 TDI (PD130) Sportline
Weekend Warrior: 1993 Volkswagen Caddy 2.0 16v ABF on ITB's
Reegz
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 18 years 5 months
Membership No: 1400

Post by Reegz »

paulc wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:03 pm Hi guys

Thanks. Paul
This might help to get you some alternative sizes.

https://www.errolstyres.co.za/content/p ... sion-chart

https://tiresize.com/converter/
2016 Golf 7 Tyre Devourer
2012 Touran 2.0 TDI Comfortline
---- Ex ----
2012 Golf 6 GTi Edition 35 - RIP :-(
2012 Jetta 6 1.4 Comfortline - SOLD
2004 Ducati Monster 400 - SOLD
[2002 Polo Playa 1.6 2.0l - Sold
2008 Honda CBR 600RR - SOLD
2006 Honda CBR 600RR Movistar - Gone to Heaven
1996 Citi Golf CTi - SOLD