Ping Pong

turbodub
Cadet
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Re: Ping Pong

Post by turbodub »

what i was trying to say is that a certain amount of ping is engineered into the kjet setup ....so will it actually destroy anything ?
joggiep
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 20 years 4 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: Amarok V6
Membership No: 664

Post by joggiep »

turbodub wrote:what i was trying to say is that a certain amount of ping is engineered into the kjet setup ....so will it actually destroy anything ?
Noone wil enigneer a system to allow a power robbing and potencial catastofic failur to occur. Yes VW motor are notoriously over engineered and take a lott of abuse before they blow the wissle. I owned and drove the living cr@p out of my little CTi and never not once did I hear any pinging of any sort.

If a car pings there is a tuning/timing issue and it's always better to get it sorted out. The ammount of stress and wear it causes on the bearings and pistrons/rings are immence. It robbs power like just about nothing else and you can see it on a dyno some times even before it starts happening.
Joggie Pretorius
---------------------------------------
EX - CARS
Jetta CSX 1.8 8v
Golf CTi 1.8 8v
Polo 1.6 lux
SEAT Ibiza Sport
VW Polo 2.0 Highline
BMW E90 320D
VW Caddy 2.0 8V
Nissan X-trail 2.0 dCi
VW Jetta 2.0 16V Turbo
VW Polo 1.6 Comfortline
BMW 335
Suzuki SV1000S (125hp - 109NM)
Audi RSQ3
CURRENT CARS
VW Amarok V6 Exstream
turbodub
Cadet
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by turbodub »

i am not talkign detonation ...i get what you saying , but in CApe Town kjet 8v's are notorious for a bit of ping , sometimes my car would get tuned and it would be 100 percent and then it would ping a while later after refilling the petrol tank or just because it felt like it .
PoLonY
Gimme sausage. The thicker the better!
Registered for: 14 years 9 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: A8
Membership No: 1997

Post by PoLonY »

turbodub wrote:i am not talkign detonation ...i get what you saying , but in CApe Town kjet 8v's are notorious for a bit of ping , sometimes my car would get tuned and it would be 100 percent and then it would ping a while later after refilling the petrol tank or just because it felt like it .
um what do you think pinging is? :twisted:
HendrikCTI
Cadet
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by HendrikCTI »

I think what is happening with these setups (K-jet) is that the general wear and tear and age start to take it's toll on certain parts which cause the engine components not to perform at their peak. I would still say it is distributor related as I had similar problem on my CTi but just didn't have the money to throw into the car hoping that it is a solution. I anyway needed to sell it to get a decent family car and fuel bill started to work a bit on my pocket.
My cars: 2004 Nissan Almera 1.6
1977 Datsun 1200GX
(100% FULLY restored, 13" mags fitted)
Wife's car: 2019 Suzuki Ciaz
peanutville
Cadet
Registered for: 16 years 6 months
Car Make: Dub
Car Model: mk2 gti
Membership No: missing

Post by peanutville »

Have the same issue on my mk2 gti (2e /276/ k-jet) maybe time to get the dizzy overhauled. Timing backed off to approx 2 degrees & still pings slightly. Interesting thread!
thirushangti8v
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 9 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: VW Golf MK2 GTi 8v

Post by thirushangti8v »

hey guys i know its an old thread but any of you found solution to the pinging on kjet?
ive checked cam n dizzy timing
sent the dizzy for testing its fine but the car still pings when driving it hard like around 4500-5000rpm
:troll:
HendrikCTI
Cadet
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by HendrikCTI »

Yes, I found a very easy solution.
I sold it to have a less stressful life.
My cars: 2004 Nissan Almera 1.6
1977 Datsun 1200GX
(100% FULLY restored, 13" mags fitted)
Wife's car: 2019 Suzuki Ciaz