Gotech MFI pro

maranou
Cadet
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Re: Gotech MFI pro

Post by maranou »

if the rotor vasing and stuff makes u confused,set all timing marks rite and on no1 on dist,then remove all plugs and put timing light on lead one,then get timing on laptop between 0-500,set it on the timing light and swing and turn dissy til timing mark on pulley/flywheel align up
http://www.vwclub.co.za/phpbb3/viewtopi ... 11&t=72987
With good advice and bad spelling.
Golf 2l16vT 320kw 520nm
1/4mile @ 12.2 kilarney 2011
800m @ 233km/h
young gun
Cadet
Registered for: 14 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 1988 Jetta mk2 cli
Membership No: missing

Post by young gun »

@maranou: Thanks for clearing that up. one problem is that in my loom, pin 9 is brown and pin 1 is blue which then goes into a grey cover along with the pin 2 which is a red wire, which is the RPM input according to the manual. do i just seperate the wires and ground pin 1 and then do what with RPM input??
young gun
Cadet

Post by young gun »

young gun
Cadet

Post by young gun »

guys i found this diagram for wiring the TP100, i know it is for a different box, but is the wiring done in the same way??

this statement
Hall sensor output (TP100 signal input) goes to the Gotech RPM input.
Gotech ignition coil output then goes to TP100 signal input, where the hall sensor output went to.
still confuses me!!

from the pic am i correct then in saying that pin 6 on the tp100 is connected to the gotech RPM INPUT, and then the hall sensor signal connects to ignition output phase 1 on the gotech?

i think i have it right now!! if someone could just confirm for me!

Thanks guys and Merry Christmas!!
MhVW
Lieutenant
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: '06 Polo Classic 1.9 TDi
Membership No: 1466

Post by MhVW »

No, the wire currently on pin 6 of the TP100, which is the hall sensor output.
You disconnect it from the TP100 and connect it to the Gotech 16pin plug pin 2, which is the ignition input from distributor or trigger.

Then from Gotech 16pin plug pin 3, which is ignition output to coil driver1, you connect to the TP100 pin 6.

Just make sure you setup the configuration of the Gotech unit correctly for your configuration before you plug in any wiring to the Gotech unit before powering the unit up.
| 2006 VW Polo Classic 1.9TDi ...Tow Car... | ? ? ? ? ? ? ...Weekend Warrior... | 2005 Honda CBX250 Twister ...Daily... |
young gun
Cadet

Post by young gun »

ok cool thanks for clearing that up for me man.

How exactly do i go about setting up the configuration on the gotech if the unit is off??
or do you mean set it up with the unit on just with the 2 connectors unplugged??

Appreciate the help man!!
MhVW
Lieutenant

Post by MhVW »

Yes, do the setup with the plugs unplugged. then when you've done the setup switch the unit off, connect the plugs and switch on.
| 2006 VW Polo Classic 1.9TDi ...Tow Car... | ? ? ? ? ? ? ...Weekend Warrior... | 2005 Honda CBX250 Twister ...Daily... |
young gun
Cadet

Post by young gun »

But then how does the unit get power if BOTH connectors are unplugged?? it gets its power from pin 9 and 16 does it not??
MhVW
Lieutenant

Post by MhVW »

Oh, sorry.
Then unplug the TP100.
Best is actually to setup the box before doing the installation.
The issue is that the unit can do direct firing of the ignition coil, this can cause problems if the unit configuration and the wiring setup does not match.
young gun
Cadet

Post by young gun »

ok cool i will do that, now what exactly is there to setup? do you have any reading material on this or is it best to load the start up map and just plug in and go straight to the tuner? i have a startup map from the gotech site for an 1800 8v, its set to mode 0, what else should i check for before starting??
young gun
Cadet

Post by young gun »

guys just a quick qeustion regarding the fuel pump relay, now on the connector there are 4 wires, 2 grounds i assume and then i think one is permanent 12v+ and the other switched 12v+ is this correct?? which of these wires do i connect the 12v+ output from the relay to?
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

Relays have numbers on it. 30 is the one that comes from the battery. 87 is the thing you want to power. 85 is a switched 12v supply and 86 is a ground. Most managements will pull the fuel pump relay wire to ground so you connect that pin 86 to the management wire that says fuel pump.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
young gun
Cadet

Post by young gun »

i understand all of the pinouts on the relay thats not a problem, what i dont understand is which of the 4 wires that run to the fuel pump do i connect the relay to??
Jetta2
Field Marshal
Registered for: 17 years 3 months
Car Make: VW, VW, Aprilia
Car Model: Mk3 Golf VR6, Mk4 Caddy, RSV4
Membership No: 1087

Post by Jetta2 »

young gun wrote:i understand all of the pinouts on the relay thats not a problem, what i dont understand is which of the 4 wires that run to the fuel pump do i connect the relay to??
There are 4 wires, 2 for fuel pump (+ and -) and other 2 wires will be for the fuel level sender unit.
You will have to check which wire is the + for the fuel pump and the relay (pin 87) connects to that one.
Ryan Demoser

1996 Mk3 Golf VR6
2017 Caddy Maxi Crew Bus 2.0 TDI
2013 Aprilia RSV4 track toy
2021 Aprilia RS660 road bike
young gun
Cadet

Post by young gun »

perfect!! thanks for clearing that up for me ryan!