MKII Carb to MP9 FI Conversion

London
Cadet
Registered for: 18 years 9 months
Membership No: missing

MKII Carb to MP9 FI Conversion

Post by London »

Hey guys. My friend and i are busy with a project car. Its 1.8L carb MK2. We want to put in 2.0 engine, preferably ADY. Anyway, there are questions that I still have about this project. Before anyone directs me to a search function, I've done that and I got no joy.

We have already started collecting some bits to make this conversion. Im not completely sure about other things which ill mention. We want to run the engine on mp9.
1. Which throttle body will work with mp9 box, ADY, 2E, AGG?
2. What are the exact mp9 components that we need to get for this project? So far we have the following:
-3 pin coil
-Knock sensor
-electronic distributer from a FI citi
-we are going to get mp9 wiring harness and mp9 ECU
-what else do i need?

3. Is it necessary to change the fuel tank and fuel lines in a carb mk2 like the guys do in their CITIs or can I just put an inline HPFP or what must I do with regards to this?

4. With regards to the ECU, is there anyone around gauteng that you can recommend who can de-transpond and load 2.0 map if we would give him a standard ECU or is there anyone who has it for sale?
Current cars:
Golf MKV 2.0 FSI
Caravelle 2.6i Awesome car
Jetta MKII CLI 1800 8V (First car)
Jetta MKI GLS 1500 (Project car)

So you guys want to play? Bring it on!!!
UDC
Colonel
Registered for: 17 years 2 months
Membership No: 1041

Re: MKII Carb to MP9 FI Conversion

Post by UDC »

Ady tb will work on mp9 but you need to drill and tap holes on the ady intake to fit the map sensor.
you also need a mp9 map sensor and a 4pin water temp switch.
No need to change tank, just get hold of a golf2 gti fuel pump setup(lift pump in tank and main fuel pump with surge tank under car)
pm pluto for remap and to remove transponder from ecu he can also live tune mp9 to suite
London
Cadet

Post by London »

Thanks bud. Is there no any other way of getting around the mk2 gti setup fuel system? The problem is that I think its going to be a real mission to get it.
Current cars:
Golf MKV 2.0 FSI

London
Cadet

Post by London »

Thanks bud. Is there no any other way of getting around the mk2 gti setup fuel system? The problem is that I think its going to be a real mission to get it.
Current cars:
Golf MKV 2.0 FSI

UDC
Colonel
Registered for: 17 years 2 months
Membership No: 1041

Post by UDC »

you can have pump floating around in the tank but it will surge when your fuel is low etc.
Goldwagon should stock the golfII pump setup but if not then best would be to get the lift pump setup for the tank, then get a small surge tank built and to feed the main FI pump and mount this under the car.
Moeketsi
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 3 months

Post by Moeketsi »

Hey i really need help,my car is carb i want to convert it to mp9 ive all staff needed ,The thing ive mp9 harness so i dont know how to connect it to my existing car harness
Moeketsi
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 3 months

Post by Moeketsi »

Hey i really need help,my car is carb i want to convert it to mp9 ive all staff needed ,The thing ive mp9 harness so i dont know how to connect it to my existing car harness
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

Moeketsi wrote:Hey i really need help,my car is carb i want to convert it to mp9 ive all staff needed ,The thing ive mp9 harness so i dont know how to connect it to my existing car harness
Start your own thread we will help you there.
'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+