Huzi022
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 8 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: ABF CADDY 118wkw@8vPerformance

Engine temp issues

Post by Huzi022 »

Hey guys.

Been doing some reading...and just cant get the answers im looking for.

No thermostat = problems...i have always felt this way.

Got a 1.6t setup in my caddy..build was done by a reputable shop.

I cant for the life of me figure out why they would remove the Thermostat and block off the top return to the head.

Car runs fine in town and traffic..even on the highway.
My thing is the temp drops drastically on the highway so i would assume the managmen reads the motor is cold and adds fuel..not somthing i want happening.

My current set up has the feed from top of Rad into the side of the head and the open waterpump feed to the heater core.

There was another feed line plumbed into the top of the head as well.

Can i fit the thermostat and just re route the top blocked off feed into the Rad top hose?

Or can i leave it as is and just install the Thermostat?.

Thanks

ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Re: Engine temp issues

Post by missioner »

Nah dude. This looks a tad off to me.

The cooling system has circuits that need to run certain ways for it all to work well.

There's ways to get it sorted out properly and run at the correct temps. I agree the t/stat is a must, but to get the full picture to work out a solution I would like to see the car and work out where they went wrong.

I feel that if it's all plumbed properly the car will run better and be more efficient.
'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+
Huzi022
Cadet

Post by Huzi022 »

missioner wrote:Nah dude. This looks a tad off to me.

The cooling system has circuits that need to run certain ways for it all to work well.

There's ways to get it sorted out properly and run at the correct temps. I agree the t/stat is a must, but to get the full picture to work out a solution I would like to see the car and work out where they went wrong.

I feel that if it's all plumbed properly the car will run better and be more efficient.
Thanks for the response bud.

Agree, been getting some assistance from another forum member as well.

We figured plumbing the bottle into the metal pipe going to the heater core from the waterpump.

Then unblocking the top feed from water pump and running into the block where the bottle currently feeds into.

You more than welcome to come and see it.
Im based on the Westrand.

missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

Huzi022 wrote:

We figured plumbing the bottle into the metal pipe going to the heater core from the waterpump.

Then unblocking the top feed from water pump and running into the block where the bottle currently feeds into.

Damb just a bit far for me. I'm based on the opposite side of the GP from you.

Maybe send me some photos via WhatsApp and I can try advise you how to sort it out. Pm for my number
'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+
Huzi022
Cadet

Post by Huzi022 »

missioner wrote:
Huzi022 wrote:

Damb just a bit far for me. I'm based on the opposite side of the GP from you.

Maybe send me some photos via WhatsApp and I can try advise you how to sort it out. Pm for my number
Pm sent