Jetta 1.4 TSI

NabbyM32
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 3 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Jetta 1.4TSI

Jetta 1.4 TSI

Post by NabbyM32 »

Hi Everyone. Been forever and a day since iv been on the platform but feels good to be back. :hi:

I purchased a 2012 VW Jetta 1.4tsi ( 118kw ) Comfortline.

Just need some advise and more to say peace of mind. Mileage is currently on 150.000km and first thing I did was a major service, where the mech advised me of a winning noise from the water pump which also got replaced.

However the question I have - Should I do a timing chain service at this mileage as well to just have peace of mind or can I perhaps push it for when the next service is due. The motor still sounds really well and there is no funny noises etc on cold start.

Have a awesome Monday .
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Re: Jetta 1.4 TSI

Post by Unobeat »

Howxit

Welcome back and congrats on the Jetta.
I think those are the turbo version only which seem to be more reliable.

If the engine sounds healthy on both cold and hot starts with no funny noises then you can do the timing chain on next service when its due.
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
NabbyM32
Enlisted

Post by NabbyM32 »

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for the heads up.

Funny thing is, when I started the car yesterday morning there was a rather load noise from the engine however went away after the cold start.

But booked the car in to get it checked where I suspect it is the tensioner. So going to do a timing chain service.
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General

Post by Unobeat »

NabbyM32 wrote:Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for the heads up.

Funny thing is, when I started the car yesterday morning there was a rather load noise from the engine however went away after the cold start.

But booked the car in to get it checked where I suspect it is the tensioner. So going to do a timing chain service.
Good move to get the timing chain sorted ASAP.

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
NabbyM32
Enlisted

Post by NabbyM32 »

So the timing chain is done, however seems like I have a big increase in fuel consumption . Reading on the cluster yesterday showed 17L/100km - Any idea what the issue could be ?

I used over quarter tank of fuel travelling like 50km .
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General

Post by Unobeat »

NabbyM32 wrote:So the timing chain is done, however seems like I have a big increase in fuel consumption . Reading on the cluster yesterday showed 17L/100km - Any idea what the issue could be ?

I used over quarter tank of fuel travelling like 50km .
Besides the fuel consumption.
How does the car drive, is the power still there and starts up normally?

Maybe the timing needs to be rechecked.

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk