PGTI boost issues

kingozzi
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 8 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: PGTI1.4tsi 172kw 309nm(crank)

PGTI boost issues

Post by kingozzi »

Good morning vdub fam.
I have a 1.4 tsi twincharger recently rebuilt the engine started it ND all was good. Drove +500 km like a old lady with rpm never exciting 3000 RPM. Now I decided to send it and it's limped, @1st the was no response when accelerating and it would misfire(almost as if it's cutting starving air or fuel) then it would wanna boost but jerks again..

So I scanned the car and the fault code I got was 1 for the AC (coz it's empty)
2: P2262 boost pressure not detected mechanical. So I bought a new dv and N75 valve and Ish is still happening :bang:.. Interesting thing is if I disconnect the N75 valve the car will climb the revs to 6000rpm but suuuuuuper slow. And when reconnect the plug, it misfires and jerks. But if I disconnect it the vacuum lines from the turbo and connect the N75 valve plug, the car still jerks and misfires(NB N75 valve is new). So I'm lost here fellas please help
Jetta2
Field Marshal
Registered for: 17 years 4 months
Car Make: VW, VW, Aprilia
Car Model: Mk3 Golf VR6, Mk4 Caddy, RSV4
Membership No: 1087

Re: PGTI boost issues

Post by Jetta2 »

18695/P2263/008803 - Turbo/Super Charger Boost System: Performance
Possible Symptoms

Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON

Possible Causes

Hoses incorrect connected, disconnected, blocked or leaking
Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) defective

Possible Solutions

Check Hoses
Check Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75)
Check Cam Adjusters as per Repair Manual

Special Notes

On some engines, TPI 2016970 may apply. Boost Pressure Control (N75) part number 06F-906-283-D can cause P2263 and/or P0234.
Ryan Demoser

1996 Mk3 Golf VR6
2017 Caddy Maxi Crew Bus 2.0 TDI
2013 Aprilia RSV4 track toy
2021 Aprilia RS660 road bike
kingozzi
Enlisted

Post by kingozzi »

Did u even read the hole thing? And did u Google and just copy and paste? Lmao no offense but if u have nun but Google rather not respond coz I did mention a new N75 valve! And a cam adjuster would have show 16396/P0012/000018 code!
Jetta2
Field Marshal

Post by Jetta2 »

Excuse me for trying to help. Grow up and type proper words and use proper grammar if you want to argue about **** on the internet.
Ryan Demoser

1996 Mk3 Golf VR6
dcmk4
Lieutenant
Registered for: 9 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK7 GTi

Post by dcmk4 »

kingozzi wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:53 pm Did u even read the hole thing? And did u Google and just copy and paste? Lmao no offense but if u have nun but Google rather not respond coz I did mention a new N75 valve! And a cam adjuster would have show 16396/P0012/000018 code!
So let's get this straight. You don't know why a car has issues and then you still want to argue with people trying to help.

Why not figure it out yourself if you don't like people trying to help you? Acting like an agro teenager with the equivalent vocabulary and unnecessary agressive response will get you nowhere on the internet or in life.

Better yet why not go book the car in at VW and give that sort of attitude to their staff and see the response you receive.
'14 Golf Mk7 GTI
THANAS STG/// ECU&DSG
Littco L380x
All the ponies
kingozzi
Enlisted

Post by kingozzi »

With all due respect fellas, we all know how to use Google, the 1st thing anyone does when looking for help is Google! Copying and pasting what's on Google is not helping @all. As for being aggressive and arrogant haike my guy that's your opinion.. In my opinion aggression would be me swearing @everyone.

This forum has people who had experienced the same problem or similar and machines who encounter these problems daily. Such folks help us alot, it's not helping going to copy and paste the same Google trouble shoot I just Googled. Thanks yall hope yall feeling less offended now
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 2033

Post by Howie-WP »

kingozzi wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:33 am With all due respect fellas, we all know how to use Google, the 1st thing anyone does when looking for help is Google! Copying and pasting what's on Google is not helping @all. As for being aggressive and arrogant haike my guy that's your opinion.. In my opinion aggression would be me swearing @everyone.
:crazy:

Jetta2
Field Marshal

Post by Jetta2 »

My first reply was taken from Ross Tech Wiki which is most likely the best site to check for all VW related fault codes.
I have done that to try help many people on this forum and not one person has carried on about copying and pasting, but you carry on like it is some mortal sin.....
Ryan Demoser

1996 Mk3 Golf VR6