Engine light blinking then EPC.

Volkswagenaar
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years

Engine light blinking then EPC.

Post by Volkswagenaar »

Greetings to all. Have a issue with my mk6 tsi where is if idles for a while engine light goes in and blinks. If car not mobile in like a minute maybe 2 then EPC goes on and the engine has a nasty rattle and I feel the power moss as if the car is being starved of air. Took it to a Garage to get checked, injectors was checked, service was done and after the service it seemed better only to start again after like a day. Im the 2nd owner and since i had it idled fine with no time constraints if it makes sense. In my mind thinking might be radiator but would live some guidance.

PS. Taking it to VW not a option at this time, car not under any warranty or plan. Thanks in advance
Callum229
Cadet
Registered for: 4 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Jetta MK5 TDI DSG Highline

Re: Engine light blinking then EPC.

Post by Callum229 »

Get it scanned for codes by someone with a diagnostic machine or VCDS or a shop and post results here so we can help.

Check engine light normally blinks when a serious issue occurs. Sounds like car might be misfiring. Car will also go into limp mode and feel like no power at all(could also feel like engine is starved for air).

The EPC light seems like a different issue, only a scan will tell you more.

Radiator has nothing to do with airflow and has coolant, radiator can only be an issue if car is overheating. Maybe you mean intercooler?

2007 VW Jetta MK5 1.9 TDI DSG,

Mods: Simple EGR delete, LED interior set up, LED rear footwell lights, LED Puddle lamps, LED Doorhandle illumination, LED License plate lights, LED Boot lighting.

2007 VW Golf 5 1.9 TDI DSG, no mods.

2007 VW Transporter 2.5 TDI 4motion, no mods.