1.8 T ( AGU) better sump option and headbolt size

JogiahMk4
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Mk4 GTi (110kw)

1.8 T ( AGU) better sump option and headbolt size

Post by JogiahMk4 »

I recently had to rebuild my engine as I broke the sump on a not so well marked speed bump . I drove for a bit after as it wasn't safe to stop at the time . I've got everything back from the engineers and the engine build will begin soon. Just wondering if there's a stronger sump or perhaps a shallower one for these engines available ? If so where can I find them in or around the durban area? Also ,what is the correct spline to use on the headbolts for these engines ? To remove them I had to tap in a hex t55 , the Victor reinz replacement headbolts have the same pattern . I don't want to damage the new bolts when torquing the head down .
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Re: 1.8 T ( AGU) better sump option and headbolt size

Post by Ashveer03 »

The strongest sump to use would be an original. Aftermarket sumps, from goldwagen seem to be much weaker than the stock one.

The head bolt don't use a normal torx t55, I think the one u need is called a ribe socket, to be honest I don't know exactly what it's called. Lol.
The edges on it are different from torx

Contact Quality tools and fasteners, they based in overport. If u go there with the bolt he should have the tool u need. He's a a king Tony dealer

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
MacMan
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Car Make: SEAT
Car Model: Tarraco XC 1.5 TSi
Membership No: 478

Post by MacMan »

It's a 10mm, 6-point Ribe / Poly drive bit.

https://kingtonysa.co.za/product/socket ... 0-x-100mm/
'20 SEAT Tarraco XC 1.5 TSi
'12 VW Up! 1.0 MPi

Ex:
'06 Golf MKV GTi
'04 Golf MKIV GTi.:R
'99 Citi Golf 2.0i

Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.
Asix
Enlisted
Registered for: 9 years 6 months
Car Make: vw
Car Model: mk2 Jetta

Post by Asix »

Just take a headbolt to autozone and get the tool for that