K03 reconditioning

JogiahMk4
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Mk4 GTi (110kw)

K03 reconditioning

Post by JogiahMk4 »

Good day/ evening everyone . I'm currently in the process of rebuilding my 1.8 T ( AGU) after I ran the car with low oil due to me hitting the sump. Everything has been stripped ,luckily the block seems to be in pretty good condition . The mains seem to have locked the crank before catastrophic damage was done to the block . The only issue is that the turbo seals have definelty seen better days ( cars mileage is also around 220k kms). Found alot of oil in the intercooler . Where can I find a reasonably priced but well trusted shop to rebuild my turbo in Durban? I'm on a bit of a budget.

Also if anyone knows what can I expect to pay for a turbo rebuild on the k03? Including seals and balancing ?
THANAS
Forum Advertiser
Registered for: 10 years 8 months
Car Model: AW Polo GTi
Membership No: 2035

Re: K03 reconditioning

Post by THANAS »

Try: http://www.turbosonline.co.za/index.html

Ask if they can supply a complete CHRA, it will come pre-balanced, and ready to be installed into the existing housings.
JogiahMk4
Enlisted

Post by JogiahMk4 »

THANAS wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:32 am Try: http://www.turbosonline.co.za/index.html

Ask if they can supply a complete CHRA, it will come pre-balanced, and ready to be installed into the existing housings.
Thank you, will do
JogiahMk4
Enlisted

Post by JogiahMk4 »

I ended up doing a reconditioning at turbo spot ,here in durban . If anyone here is looking to recondition or even rebuild their turbo I highly recommend Avish from turbo spot . Not only did he give me the best price but he went above and beyond . Turbo came back in flawless condition, no shaft play whatsoever . He also took the liberty of sandblasting and powder coating the side of the turbo that had a bit of surface rust , removed broken studs and even threw in extra gaskets at no extra cost .
Asif_20vT
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years

Post by Asif_20vT »

What did this cost you at Turbo spot?