P1545 Throttle Valve Controller: malfunction

gambit
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 21 years 7 months

P1545 Throttle Valve Controller: malfunction

Post by gambit »

Good evening all
I’m having issues with my ‘04 Audi A4 1.8T BEX engine code.

Last month the car overheated and that was due to thermostat seizing. It was clear at the time that it was the thermostat so I just did waterpump and the full cambelt kit including thermostat. After that, the temperature sensor acted up and I replaced that last week including the housing.
Yesterday while out the car just went into limp mode.
When I scanned it, got this fault code, P1545 Throttle Valve Controller: malfunction.

I cleared the code, started car and rev’d the car and it went into limp mode again. Could not pull away on a slight incline as there was no power.
I switched the car off, rev’d and it was fine, could pull away then in the drive it went into limp mode again.
What I noticed is that when it happens I switch the car off and start again it’s gone and if I hammer the car and keep it above 3000rpm it does not go into limp mode but can’t always drive so aggressively.
So when I got home I removed the throttle body, reset TB via VCDS. Car starts, drives for a bit then goes into limp mode. Took battery off, left it for 20hrs or so then when I drove home today from the gf it was fine until I got into my road it gave issues again. But switch off and and start then it’s gone. Comes back soon again into drive.

Can anyone advise. I have googled and some say it could possibly be the ECU.
Can anyone please advise.
Current
'04 Audi A4 1.8T (140kw)
Past
'06 Yamaha YZF-R6
'05 Golf 2.0 TDi Sportline*SOLD*
mk1 CTi 2.0 16vT (Robin)*SOLD*
'09 Chevrolet Captiva 2.4 16v*SOLD*
'05 Nissan Hardbody 3.0 16vTDi *SOLD*
'04 GTi 132kw Custom FRC remap *SOLD*
'92 GTi 2.0 16vT (Lana) *SOLD*
'94 2.0 CLi Jetta (Lois) *SOLD*