Golf 7 TSI warranty void if I do mid box delete.

FluxX171
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 10 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 2018 MK7.5 Golf 1.4 TSI

Golf 7 TSI warranty void if I do mid box delete.

Post by FluxX171 »

Hi all, so I own a 2018 Golf mk7.5 1.4 TSI has the r line package etc. I love the car but the exhaust sounds very quiet. The noise from the engine bay is more audible. Now I dont ride my cars hard but I like them to atleast have a exhaust note.
I went to powerflow here in Cape Town ,Bellville . Very nice bunch of guys said they have done a couple mk7 tsi's this year where they do a midbox delete and it sounds really good. So I discussed my concerns with they guy regarding voiding the warranty with VW. He said since they will be leaving the cat on the exhaust intact it shouldnt be a issue with VW but I should check with them. So i went to one of the VW centers to speak to a consultant and they basically said any modifications will void warranty on the engine. Even though I explained that it was a minor mod after the cat. I wasn't sure how educated this individual was but staff was limited due to covid..
Has anyone had issues with warranty claim after just a mid box delete? I do drive around 2000km-2500km a month depending on work. maintenance plan until 90000km cars currently on 28000km
Any advice would be appreciated
First post so apologies if it's in the wrong section
PoloRolo
Cadet
Registered for: 6 years 3 months
Car Model: Golf 7.5 R-Line

Re: Golf 7 TSI warranty void if I do mid box delete.

Post by PoloRolo »

Hey there.

Ideally you should ask your VW service technician who regularly services your car. It all depends on the relationship you have with them, some are lenient and allow mods, some will straight out say no.

If there there is a mod relating to your exhaust then generally the warranty relating to that system (in this case exhaust) will not be covered. However, for example if your turbo decides to fail, they could always argue that a mod relating to the exhaust could be the result/linked and then not cover your turbo claim.

So its risky, and left to you if you want to take that risk.

In my opinion a mid box delete is not too risky so nothing else should fail directly because of this. Wait for your 3 year warranty to lapse and then do it?
sbu.mah
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 1 month
Car Model: MK7 GTI

Post by sbu.mah »

If you concern about warranty, will advise that you keep your car stock. The T&C's are clear that the car should not be modified or the manufacturer will be within their right to void the warranty should they prove that the damage was caused by the mod.

I have modded all my cars within weeks of buying them. Full exhausts, software tune, including my current Mk7 Gti and have successfully claimed under warranty without any issues for water pump, coil packs, gear selector and previous car it was a blown turbo. It's all based on relationship one have with the dealer most of the times.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

MK7 GTI
Revo Tuned
Revo Intake
Roque Performance DP
FluxX171
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 10 months
Car Model: 2018 MK7.5 Golf 1.4 TSI

Post by FluxX171 »

Thank you for the advice I appreciate it, il consider and think about whether I want to take the risk. Just a few extra questions.
Do you think the car will be rather loud at highway speeds without the mid box?
Also how reliable are these 92kw 1.4 tsi engines aswel as the 7 speed dsg gearbox? I believe the 110kw had issues that's discontinued And a few earlier editions had some high oil usage.