7R Rear silencer issue — anyone had this??

jaunrothner
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 4 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 2016 Polo GTi DSG (6C

Re: 7R Rear silencer issue — anyone had this??

Post by jaunrothner »

PapaJo wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:42 am
Hotdubz wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:06 am
Rascal69 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:51 am The scary part is that a VW workshop manager and a Technician told you to drive your car to speedy exhaust and just weld the drain shut!!! wtf kind of advice is that? how did they get those jobs? can you trust these bastards to work on your beloved car which you work so hard and pay a small fortune for and then take it to assholes like this... Sad, Very Sad!
Yeah you should take this up with VWSA.
That is why I lodged query to VWSA as there was no way I would accept their answer to go to Speedy and weld the drain hole closed.
Strange approach to Customer Service... :crazy:

Or is it only expected from them to give you "Customer Service" when your vehicle is under warranty?
Rascal69
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 15 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK1
Membership No: 1490

Post by Rascal69 »

amstel18 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:18 pm Quite scary what the VW service techies are doing.
I once witnessed a VW Mech (qualified not an appy) bring a airgun to fasten the pressure plate bolts.
The torque rating is 18nm on those, and he wanted to use an airgun. no wonder theres more **** broken by the dealers than anything else
I wonder if there was a single thread for all the Mainstream Dealer Horror stories, how much of content would be on there.... Maybe we should create one lol
Current: 2007 ///M Coupe
Current: 2019 Fortuner 4x4

Ex: 2005 E55 AMG
Ex: 1998 BMW M3
Ex: 2011 REVO 2 Focus ST - 208wkw & 465nm's (FRnR)
Ex: 1994 E36 328i Track Car (Budler Motorsport built)
Ex: 2011 REVO 2 Mk6 GTI DSG - 200wkw & 452nm's (KAR)
Ex: 2007 REVO 2+ S3 - 12.7s @ 176km/h (Tarlton 2010) and 224km's on 1km (ODI)
Ex: 2006 Velo 1.6i | 2008 Velo 1.6i | 2005 Velo 1.4i | 2006 Polo 1.6i | 2012 Polo TDI | 2004 W203 C200K
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Post by PapaJo »

amstel18 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:18 pm Quite scary what the VW service techies are doing.
I once witnessed a VW Mech (qualified not an appy) bring a airgun to fasten the pressure plate bolts.
The torque rating is 18nm on those, and he wanted to use an airgun. no wonder theres more **** broken by the dealers than anything else
I have no words for your statement amstel18.....shocking to say the least.
SkinnyD
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 2 months

Post by SkinnyD »

PapaJo wrote:
Rascal69 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:51 am The scary part is that a VW workshop manager and a Technician told you to drive your car to speedy exhaust and just weld the drain shut!!! wtf kind of advice is that? how did they get those jobs? can you trust these bastards to work on your beloved car which you work so hard and pay a small fortune for and then take it to assholes like this... Sad, Very Sad!
Very scary and have re-thinked to service the R and Tiguan there for their next services. Will be looking for another dealership to service next time when services are due. Would rather drive 50km further to another town, next time
Maybe go to a few dealers and ask about the hole. Whoever knows the real answer will get to service your car in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HendrikCTI
Cadet
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by HendrikCTI »

To add to amstel18's post. My one friend I have helped on 2 occasions changing his engine oil as he didn't have money for a service and just wanted a quick fix. Both cars were different makes and serviced obviously at different agents. You guys would not believe how tight the oil filters were tightened by the mechanics at the agents.
My cars: 2004 Nissan Almera 1.6
1977 Datsun 1200GX
(100% FULLY restored, 13" mags fitted)
Wife's car: 2019 Suzuki Ciaz
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

I think there will be a lot of horror stories and we can write hundreds of pages on the service horrors.
Sr20-gp
Cadet
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Sr20-gp »

Dealerships know nothing about our cars.

I had to fight with the Service Manager to get my Performance Pack LSD service done.

Car was 3 years old, which is when the LSD fluid is due for change, but since it doesn't come up on their system when they plugged it in, he said sorry won't do it, and he has never done this on a performance pack before. At one point he told me that there is no LSD on the performance pack and I am confusing it with the "4 wheel drive Gti" that is sold overseas and not in SA". He was eventually instructed by VWSA to replace the Fluid, after I logged a complaint.

The best part is, when I took the car in, he says to me "You taught me something new" WTF, I shouldn't be teaching the Service Manager at VW anything about their cars. These guys are a bunch of clowns.
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Sr20-gp wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:14 pm Dealerships know nothing about our cars.

I had to fight with the Service Manager to get my Performance Pack LSD service done.

Car was 3 years old, which is when the LSD fluid is due for change, but since it doesn't come up on their system when they plugged it in, he said sorry won't do it, and he has never done this on a performance pack before. At one point he told me that there is no LSD on the performance pack and I am confusing it with the "4 wheel drive Gti" that is sold overseas and not in SA". He was eventually instructed by VWSA to replace the Fluid, after I logged a complaint.

The best part is, when I took the car in, he says to me "You taught me something new" WTF, I shouldn't be teaching the Service Manager at VW anything about their cars. These guys are a bunch of clowns.
Wow, scary.
SkinnyD
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 2 months

Post by SkinnyD »

Sr20-gp wrote:Dealerships know nothing about our cars.

I’m shocked. Was it the service advisor or service manager?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sr20-gp
Cadet
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Sr20-gp »

This was from the Service Manager . . .
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Sr20-gp wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:29 pm This was from the Service Manager . . .
Bet there was very little or no motor industry back ground there.