Boosted_GP
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Tiguan

Tiguan 162kw

Post by Boosted_GP »

Hey all,

I have bought a tiguan TSI and am looking to breath on it a bit. So your guys input will be really helpful.

I have a lot a tuning and modding experience, so the DIY/ technical side is a breeze.

I am not looking to make it a 1000hp monster (as its the family/ holiday car) but do want to up the performance.

The items I have been looking at are the following and I would like to get everyones input into the benefit/gain of each of these. As if there is any negatives to each.

I will be fitting a JB4 with BT module. Played with this system a lot on the BMW, really like it. will run Ethanol, but not sure what the HPFP can handle with the additional flow needs of Eth. run E30/ E40?

Intake: drop in filter and good to go, usually, unless something like the R600 intake from Racingline adds substantial gains?

Highflow 90deg turbo elbow - Whilst all the pictures show a bigger ID, I see a massive stepdown into the turbo, possible creating more turbulance and losses overthe oem, which has its "restriction" on the inner circumference where airflow is at the lowest pressure and slowest, so my question, does it really add decent gains?

Turbo muffler delete: The theory is good, the reasoning is good, but does it add HP/spool to the motor? How much louder is it over stock?

200cel cat DP: worth the money or not? gains? Noise?

catback: my experience is the gains are not worth the pain and the drone, unless you spend big money on APR etc. thoughts?

DQ250 box software: from the research it sounds like a no brainer in terms of adding to the driving experience, thoughts?

H&R sport springs - same as the G7 Gti I believe, lowers 35mm. and research indicates better than OEM ride (Was the same in my M135's case)

Is the Gti/ R the same intercooler? worth the money to upgrade to aftermarket?

Is the IS38 turbo worth the money for these mild mods?

Expected gains off JB4? will probably run map 6

Anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks
Mike