New spec polo vivo gt

Dub rox
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 7 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Citi sport 1.4i

New spec polo vivo gt

Post by Dub rox »

Hi. Anyone have one of these. Are they worth R250k? Please comment..

Sent from my VFD320 using Tapatalk

OCD is not a disability is the ability to get it perfect
Dub rox
Cadet

Re: New spec polo vivo gt

Post by Dub rox »

Dub rox wrote:Hi. Anyone have one of these. Are they worth R250k? Please comment..

Gues they'r k@k

xXx
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 6 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK1 20V T

Post by xXx »

I looked at one . they are nice. I have a Polo vivo GTS , love it. ( My GF drives it mostly now )
Current : 2018 Mark 6 Polo GTI
Ex: : 1994 Citi 1.8T 20 v
Ex : Fiesta ST 200
Ex: Polo vivo GTS
Ex : Polo GTI 1.4 TSI ( Biggest kak ever )
Ex : Gti 6 DSG
Ex : R32
Ex : Gti 5 Manual
Ex 2008 Rox 16V ABF ( Miss that car )
Ex : Gti 4
Ex : VR6 Jetta
Ex : VR6 Golf
Ex : Golf Cti
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

I don't see how anybody else can answer that question on your behalf. Go look at it, drive it - YOU decide if it is worth the money.
I drive an S6 v10 audi that I bought for 50k less so in my opinion no but that is for you personally to decide.
Different strokes for different folks.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Dub rox
Cadet

Post by Dub rox »

panic-mechanic wrote:I don't see how anybody else can answer that question on your behalf. Go look at it, drive it - YOU decide if it is worth the money.
I drive an S6 v10 audi that I bought for 50k less so in my opinion no but that is for you personally to decide.
I did drive the car but not sure on the issues they give and reliability. Does come with a 90 000km/3 year maintenance plan an 3year 120 000km warenty though. Thats the main reason for buying smaller new cars nowadays.That and consumption.

Not prepared to fill up a 80l fuel tank and getting the same millage or more from a smaller tank car with acceptable performance.

I know they have not been arround for to long but reliability and build quality, rattles and possible mechanical issues are what worry me.

For example: You can buy a 3year old bmw 1 series for the same buck but wich will outlast the other in terms of relyability and build quality. Allso maintenance on the bm will be more expencive as the majority of the cars in that price range are out of motorplan

Pynoxim
Lieutenant
Registered for: 15 years 2 months
Membership No: missing

Post by Pynoxim »

And also its a BMW so it will probably explode
Thursday Milkshake Crew
'00 GS2 Lexus GS300
turbowheelchair
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years 1 month
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Golf MK5 2.0 TFSi

Post by turbowheelchair »

Dub rox wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:09 pm
panic-mechanic wrote:I don't see how anybody else can answer that question on your behalf. Go look at it, drive it - YOU decide if it is worth the money.
I did drive the car but not sure on the issues they give and reliability. Does come with a 90 000km/3 year maintenance plan an 3year 120 000km warenty though. Thats the main reason for buying smaller new cars nowadays.That and consumption.

Not prepared to fill up a 80l fuel tank and getting the same millage or more from a smaller tank car with acceptable performance.

I know they have not been arround for to long but reliability and build quality, rattles and possible mechanical issues are what worry me.

For example: You can buy a 3year old bmw 1 series for the same buck but wich will outlast the other in terms of relyability and build quality. Allso maintenance on the bm will be more expencive as the majority of the cars in that price range are out of motorplan

its a Vivo, so no service or maintenance plan as standard, does have the 3 yr 120k warranty,
you're going to have to put up with a plasticy dash board and other cheapish feeling materiels inside the car.

in my opinion. rather get the trendline POLO its about 25 k more but you get more car.

there are also some second hand options that you can add a maintenance or service plan and warranty extension and still get around the 250k mark and you will probably be happier with your purchase
Dub rox
Cadet

Post by Dub rox »

Pynoxim wrote:And also its a BMW so it will probably explode
Lmfao

Dub rox
Cadet

Post by Dub rox »

turbowheelchair wrote:
Dub rox wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:09 pm

its a Vivo, so no service or maintenance plan as standard, does have the 3 yr 120k warranty,
you're going to have to put up with a plasticy dash board and other cheapish feeling materiels inside the car.

in my opinion. rather get the trendline POLO its about 25 k more but you get more car.

there are also some second hand options that you can add a maintenance or service plan and warranty extension and still get around the 250k mark and you will probably be happier with your purchase
If your not buying a gti the polo is fu - gly!!!!

Jet Li
Cadet
Registered for: 16 years 7 months
Membership No: 3103

Post by Jet Li »

Dub rox wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:05 pm Hi. Anyone have one of these. Are they worth R250k? Please comment..

Personally for R250k I would look for a low mileage 2016/2017 Highline with descent spec (leather seats, PDC, Rearview camera and 17inch Mirabeau mags)

Good luck
'09 8P S3 Sportback (MT)
'10 B8 S4 V6T (DSG)
'15 6C GTi (MT)
Dub rox
Cadet

Post by Dub rox »

Jet Li wrote:
Dub rox wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:05 pm Hi. Anyone have one of these. Are they worth R250k? Please comment..

Personally for R250k I would look for a low mileage 2016/2017 Highline with descent spec (leather seats, PDC, Rearview camera and 17inch Mirabeau mags)

Good luck
Think i'd rather opt for a merc c class. Diesels are frugal as heck with power and space to spare.

panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

yeah very very different class cars.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

It all boils down to your needs and what purpose you will be using the car for.
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.