A3-BTFSI
Wheel Whore
Registered for: 5 years 9 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: A3 8v 1.8TFSI Stage 2

Audi A3 1.8TFSI Intake sound very soft

Post by A3-BTFSI »

Whats up guys,

So Installed an intake, simple 45 degree silicone bend with a cone filter running from the MAF but the turbo spool and dumping sound is very soft, can barley hear it at all, my previous turbo cars always dumped very loud compared to this tjough the intake, I am installing a GFB DV+ this week to see if maybe the DV is torn or damaged and maybe causing a boost leak therefore not building enough boost to make a loud enough sound.

Has anyone else had this problem, I have searched and cant find anything regarding this.
Any help would be appreciated.
Trishen94
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 5 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Mk5 gti

Re: Audi A3 1.8TFSI Intake sound very soft

Post by Trishen94 »

Hi buddy what's the cost of the dv+ ?
Current :2008 S3 8P (panic mechanic +thanas) 227kw /309hp 473nm
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=217296

Ex :2008 mk5 gti ... really miss this car

Previous :too many to list
A3-BTFSI
Wheel Whore

Post by A3-BTFSI »

Trishen94 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:45 pm Hi buddy what's the cost of the dv+ ?
Here we go bud.

https://www.vagcafe.com/product/gfb-dv- ... fsi2-0tsi/
Trishen94
Cadet

Post by Trishen94 »

Thanks bro let me know if it makes any difference so that I can do the same I've got a golf 5 gti also with intake done it dumps very nice just want it louder lol so if it works for u I'm definitely doing it ...hope to hear what's the outcome from u buddy thanks

Camo
Lieutenant
Registered for: 12 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: White-G5 GTi

Post by Camo »

A3-BTFSI wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:43 pm Whats up guys,

So Installed an intake, simple 45 degree silicone bend with a cone filter running from the MAF but the turbo spool and dumping sound is very soft, can barley hear it at all, my previous turbo cars always dumped very loud compared to this tjough the intake, I am installing a GFB DV+ this week to see if maybe the DV is torn or damaged and maybe causing a boost leak therefore not building enough boost to make a loud enough sound.

Has anyone else had this problem, I have searched and cant find anything regarding this.
Can you show pick of your Intake?
Do you have a DP?
The best is to fit a proper intake on the car...just as an headsup. I also did did Intake first and did not do much, after fitting DP it dump proper. Also SW will help make the dump louder.

I am not so sure that fitting GFB DV+ will make a difference.
CW MKV GTi - Kontrol Freaks CAI - Xcede DP + Exhaust - DogBone Insert - 30mm Lowered - R8 Coils - RevH DV - 20" AMG Wheels - R32 Bumper & Mudflaps
Trishen94
Cadet

Post by Trishen94 »

Hi bud my intake is done in 76mm starts just after the maf sensor in aluminum pipe I made it myself ...they say the maf housing should be as stock as possible coz that's really important...ive got a 76mm dp and 76mm exhaust with 1 box with r32 back it sounds extremely wild under boost and with the dump at the front sounds awesome when ever I take some1 for a hot ride they always switch of the radio or turn the volume down just to hear the time and dump...il get u that pic this afternoon Its abit untidy coz I ran into a issue this passed week in the rain so I haven't put the cover back but u can see the intake better with the cover off ...the cover broke my hpfp sensor so I need to modify it and put it back

Trishen94
Cadet

Post by Trishen94 »

Sorry camo thought this was my topic lol it came up under MY TOPICS but its actually a3-btfsi did u want a pic of my car or his ? SORRY A3-btfsi for the hijack I'm still getting used to the forum I'm new in it plz understand buddy I'm really sorry

A3-BTFSI
Wheel Whore

Post by A3-BTFSI »

Camo wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:23 am
A3-BTFSI wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:43 pm Whats up guys,

Can you show pick of your Intake?
Do you have a DP?
The best is to fit a proper intake on the car...just as an headsup. I also did did Intake first and did not do much, after fitting DP it dump proper. Also SW will help make the dump louder.

I am not so sure that fitting GFB DV+ will make a difference.
Thanks man, yeah should be fitting full exhaust at the end of the month and having Stealth software done next week.
I purely got the GFB DV+ so that I never have to worry about the DV having a boost leak as I suspect I have a boost leak there.
A3-BTFSI
Wheel Whore

Post by A3-BTFSI »

Trishen94 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:16 am Sorry camo thought this was my topic lol it came up under MY TOPICS but its actually a3-btfsi did u want a pic of my car or his ? SORRY A3-btfsi for the hijack I'm still getting used to the forum I'm new in it plz understand buddy I'm really sorry
No stress bud :)
Trishen94
Cadet

Post by Trishen94 »

Lol thanks bro so what's the price of software these days ? I've got such a bad itch for software but I'm scared it's going to damage the motor what's ur view on software ? ...ive heard the dv+ requires greasing/oiling regularly do u have any knowledge on how often u need to do this?

Kirshenp
Lieutenant
Registered for: 11 years 7 months
Car Make: Audi, VW
Car Model: Audi 1.8T, MK2 GTi
Membership No: 3235

Post by Kirshenp »

These ares aren't the loudest when it comes to stock turbo and intake Bud. I'm running the Evoms intake with 76mm downpipe and staright pipe to back box... Not very loud
Current Rides:
2011 Audi A3 1.8TFSI - Current http://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=183182
1991 VW Golf Mk2 GTi http://www.vwclub.co.za/phpbb3/viewtopi ... 1&t=149471

2012 VW Polo Vivo GT - SOLD
2008 VW Polo 9n3 http://www.vwclub.co.za/phpbb3/viewtopi ... 1&t=148182 - STOLEN :(

"Boostlife and Eat.Sleep.GTi'"
ICE King
Cadet
Registered for: 12 years 10 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo GTI 20V , Mazdarati

Post by ICE King »

You up the boost with software , the turbo spool will be louder and in turn will have more air to dump - More air the louder the dump.

Not sure if these cars dump to atmosphere or intake?
1992 Mazda 323 B3 - Masala Mods
2008 VW POLO GTI - 76mm DP + 63mm exhaust , induction, FMIC, Thanas Tuned
A3-BTFSI
Wheel Whore

Post by A3-BTFSI »

Trishen94 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:17 pm Lol thanks bro so what's the price of software these days ? I've got such a bad itch for software but I'm scared it's going to damage the motor what's ur view on software ? ...ive heard the dv+ requires greasing/oiling regularly do u have any knowledge on how often u need to do this?
I have always put software on my turbo cars and it makes a huge difference, from all my reading on tuners I decided to go with stealth as they can map my car when I decide to go bigger turbo (K04), also not to far for me to get to them.

All the stuff I have read about the DV+ is mixed reviews so will have to install and see for myself, most people say clean and grease it at least once a year so I will do it every 6 months just to be safe.
A3-BTFSI
Wheel Whore

Post by A3-BTFSI »

Kirshenp wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:20 pm These ares aren't the loudest when it comes to stock turbo and intake Bud. I'm running the Evoms intake with 76mm downpipe and staright pipe to back box... Not very loud
Ok cool thanks man, I have Just finished my intake, just need to do the box but will smash that out this weekend with a template then off to my laser cutting guy for final product.
Sorry about the dirty bay :) need to give her a good wash.

Kirshenp
Lieutenant
Registered for: 11 years 7 months
Car Make: Audi, VW
Car Model: Audi 1.8T, MK2 GTi
Membership No: 3235

Post by Kirshenp »

I have a spare heatshield made-to-fit if you need one Bud. I like the additional bend after the MAF
Current Rides:
2011 Audi A3 1.8TFSI - Current http://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=183182
1991 VW Golf Mk2 GTi http://www.vwclub.co.za/phpbb3/viewtopi ... 1&t=149471

2012 VW Polo Vivo GT - SOLD
2008 VW Polo 9n3 http://www.vwclub.co.za/phpbb3/viewtopi ... 1&t=148182 - STOLEN :(

"Boostlife and Eat.Sleep.GTi'"
A3-BTFSI
Wheel Whore

Post by A3-BTFSI »

Kirshenp wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:00 pm I have a spare heatshield made-to-fit if you need one Bud. I like the additional bend after the MAF
That would be great bud, let me know how much you want for it.
Thanks man yeah the rubber one after the MAF was very flimsy so wanted it to be more stable.
A3-BTFSI
Wheel Whore

Post by A3-BTFSI »

Ok so after doing the intake properly with the 90 degree aluminium bend instead of the rubber ribbed stock piece I can say that the dump is defiantly louder.
If anyone needs details on how I built this kit let me know, very simple and cost me under R1000.
A3-BTFSI
Wheel Whore

Post by A3-BTFSI »

GFB DV+ installed, and there was defiantly a leak on my original DV, car is much more responsive and the dump from the intake is much louder.
Trishen94
Cadet

Post by Trishen94 »

How was the power before I done the dv+

Trishen94
Cadet

Post by Trishen94 »

Sorry I meant how was the power before YOU done the dv+

A3-BTFSI
Wheel Whore

Post by A3-BTFSI »

Trishen94 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:01 pm Sorry I meant how was the power before YOU done the dv+
Can feel a little more power higher up but not a huge difference, just builds boosts faster.
Trishen94
Cadet

Post by Trishen94 »

So in that case my mk5 will be getting 1 soon lol will get mine at the end of the month so far I've done alot of research and alot of guys say the dv+ is the way to go it very strong when it comes to holding boost and it does not give any trouble if maintained correctly .so thanks on the feedback bro will definitely get me 1

A3-BTFSI
Wheel Whore

Post by A3-BTFSI »

Trishen94 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:02 am So in that case my mk5 will be getting 1 soon lol will get mine at the end of the month so far I've done alot of research and alot of guys say the dv+ is the way to go it very strong when it comes to holding boost and it does not give any trouble if maintained correctly .so thanks on the feedback bro will definitely get me 1
Sweet, I would go get a boost leak test done first, will only cost R500 od and then you know what needs to be replaced rather than just buying and hoping.
Trishen94
Cadet

Post by Trishen94 »

That sounds good ...where can I get a boost leak test done in joburg?

A3-BTFSI
Wheel Whore

Post by A3-BTFSI »

Trishen94 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:48 am That sounds good ...where can I get a boost leak test done in joburg?
Most tuner shops will be able to sort it out for you.