Is it Safe and reliable to modify the Polo Gti TSI1.4 DSG 2014 model, all feedback will be highly appreciated

grbenadie
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Is it Safe and reliable to modify the Polo Gti TSI1.4 DSG 2014 model, all feedback will be highly appreciated

Post by grbenadie »

Please advise guys
Belix
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 14 years
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Passat B8
Membership No: missing

Re: Is it Safe and reliable to modify the Polo Gti TSI1.4 DSG 2014 model, all feedback will be highly appreciated

Post by Belix »

Modify how?
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Re: Is it Safe and reliable to modify the Polo Gti TSI1.4 DSG 2014 model, all feedback will be highly appreciated

Post by missioner »

Moar PAUWAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!

Start with a decat and a decent sized exhaust. Leave the air filter alone, it's more than adequate.

I'm told software is available for these from guys like REVO and CPi, otherwise a piggyback system may also be an option. They all have pros and cons, do the research and decide for yourself.

If a small increase is not enough, Wiseco make forged pistons for this motor, mounted to some meaty conrods with a bigger turbo, one could get about double the stock performance figures. Keep in mind the poor gearbox if you go this way and get a DSG tune to go with the nice new motor.

This platform isn't super popular for high performance tuning due mainly to the simple fact of the small engine capacity. This means the cost per kW gain is high in comparison to a 1.8l or a 2.0l. As the saying goes, there ain't no replacement for displacement.

If it was me I'd leave the car stock and clean and then buy something cheap to play with. You could find a decent 6R at the auctions with a ruined motor and do a 2.0l TSi swap. Something like that is not very common and would go like the Devil is chasing it. Think G7 GTi with anorexia.
'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+
hostility
↰ ↓ 4 ?
Registered for: 12 years 10 months
Car Make: Anaconda
Car Model: 22"
Membership No: 1624

Post by hostility »

My 1.4tsi made 143wkw and 320nm
with Revo stage 2.

Exhaust, DP, Intake.

But it was a Jetta.

if the Jetta highline 1.4tsi motor is just a "Tuned down" version of the Polo GTI 1.4tsi motor then you will definitely enjoy these power mods.