Vernon
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK 7 R
Membership No: 3011

Need help 1.8T 20v boost issue

Post by Vernon »

I need some info or help regarding my car, its a 2003 golf mk4 gti agu, the following mods are :

induction
FMIC
Dicktator piggyback (recently done)
63 mm downpipe and exhaust
Ko3S hybrid turbo
450cc injectors
new fuel pump
CTS Turbo fuel rail
turbosmart FPR

i recently went to sarel at 8 Valve performance and did the dicktator piggyback installation among other things as well, at the moment we deleted the maf sensor as well as the n75 valve so we are working only with wastegate pressure, i want the car to run 1.2 bar, or atleast 1.0 bar or 0.9 bar minimum, but the engine does not allow me as soon as the car boosts over 0.8 bar the engine pings, how can i fix this issue, iv'e been reading on almost all the forums that there are 1.8T agu's that runs 1.2 bar even some of them 1.5 bar with no problems
ex
Blue Smurf (MK1 Chico Golf 2.1 L )
Silver Surfer (MK4 GTI)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

Present
@fearless_mk7R (VW Golf MK7 R )
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 14 years
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Re: Need help 1.8T 20v boost issue

Post by PapaJo »

Is the Dicktator controlling fuel and timing or how is this piggy back setup?

Why was the decision made to install a piggy back and not just tune the current ecu?

Other AGU’s are running on single management system, be it totally aftermarket or a remapped factory ecu.

I think the two management systems are working against each other.
farrell15
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 8 months
Car Make: Hyuandai
Car Model: Tiburon FL2 GTv6

Post by farrell15 »

Vernon wrote:I need some info or help regarding my car, its a 2003 golf mk4 gti agu, the following mods are :

induction
FMIC
Dicktator piggyback (recently done)
63 mm downpipe and exhaust
Ko3S hybrid turbo
450cc injectors
new fuel pump
CTS Turbo fuel rail
turbosmart FPR

i recently went to sarel at 8 Valve performance and did the dicktator piggyback installation among other things as well, at the moment we deleted the maf sensor as well as the n75 valve so we are working only with wastegate pressure, i want the car to run 1.2 bar, or atleast 1.0 bar or 0.9 bar minimum, but the engine does not allow me as soon as the car boosts over 0.8 bar the engine pings, how can i fix this issue, iv'e been reading on almost all the forums that there are 1.8T agu's that runs 1.2 bar even some of them 1.5 bar with no problems
Hi

I've recently finished a 20v Aum Build with a GT28 and stock injectors which are like 360cc, get 1.3 bar no problem on stock 032hn ME7.5 ecu.

Have you done the vacuum deletes on that motor as well as the evap delete?

I know alot of the time the evap system effects fuel trims and causes fuelling issues.

I'm no expert but I think something isn't so lekker with the dictator controlling everything.

And like I said I tuned the stock ecu so I can't really say as far as the dictator goes but all I know is that those motors on stock ecu are so sensitive with maf, evap, n75, n215, sai delete, and also dumping to atmosphere, and and.

Maybe drop me a whatsapp or something, so I can fully understand your setup or im sure one of the guys here will be very helpful.

Sweet.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

2009 Hyundai Tiburon FL2 GTv6 (Big turbo project)
2009 Golf MK5 GTI dsg (SOLD)
1979 Golf MK1 2L (SOLD)
2007 Polo 1.9 TDI (BEEEEEEG turbo) (SOLD)
1998 Jetta MK3 ABF 2.0 16v (SOLD)
1990 Jetta MK2 ABF
1968 Baja bug 2.0 Kombi project ABF (SOLD)

Precision Auto Works

2003 Audi 1.8t 20v GT28
2002 Polo 9n 1.9 tdi PD100

Vernon
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK 7 R
Membership No: 3011

Post by Vernon »

dicktator is controlling the fuel and timing yes, i did map the car previously but the car is actually tons better with the dicktator, its just the boost i want to sort out, this car had boost issues from day one. sounds like you have the auq ( drive by wire model) i have the agu with the me3.8 so it does not have all the sai n215 and stuff and its not a cool ECU to tune, hence i decided to go with dicktator and vvt conversion, sarel said that the timing does not want to retard at all.
ex
Blue Smurf (MK1 Chico Golf 2.1 L )
Silver Surfer (MK4 GTI)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

Present
@fearless_mk7R (VW Golf MK7 R )
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 14 years
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Post by PapaJo »

Vernon wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:18 pm dicktator is controlling the fuel and timing yes, i did map the car previously but the car is actually tons better with the dicktator, its just the boost i want to sort out, this car had boost issues from day one. sounds like you have the auq ( drive by wire model) i have the agu with the me3.8 so it does not have all the sai n215 and stuff and its not a cool ECU to tune, hence i decided to go with dicktator and vvt conversion, sarel said that the timing does not want to retard at all.
I think you just identified your issue here. Dicktator does not retard timing autonatically like the stock ecu. You will need to get the tuning map corrected with timing retarded values and then also determine where the vvt should operate and set that on the gpo output from Dicktator.