Hesitation in gear changes

Heikz7GTI
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years

Hesitation in gear changes

Post by Heikz7GTI »

Good day all. Have a 2015 Golf 7 GTI. I installed stage 1 software on it. Since this now, there is a slight problem on the car. When I accelerate, not very hard, there seems to be a slight jerk when it changes from 3rd to 4th. Any idea what it could be? Its mostly just from 3rd to 4th and like I say it's as if there is a slight hesitation and then the power is back.
vwpro
Captain
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Car Make: Audi Quatro, polo Beast and A3
Car Model: S3, Polo Playa,
Membership No: missing

Re: Hesitation in gear changes

Post by vwpro »

You have can do dsg software to illuminate the problem, gearbox ecu calculate torque that might be a bit to much for oem software on dsg box.
:troll:
BdtDSG
Cadet
Registered for: 12 years 1 month

Post by BdtDSG »

Heikz7GTI wrote:Good day all. Have a 2015 Golf 7 GTI. I installed stage 1 software on it. Since this now, there is a slight problem on the car. When I accelerate, not very hard, there seems to be a slight jerk when it changes from 3rd to 4th. Any idea what it could be? Its mostly just from 3rd to 4th and like I say it's as if there is a slight hesitation and then the power is back.
Had the same issue happen to me once, loaded a different file and hesitation went away.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Heikz7GTI
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years

Post by Heikz7GTI »

Will flash dsg box and see what happens. Just going to take software off as well. Maybe it is bigger problem.
BdtDSG
Cadet
Registered for: 12 years 1 month

Post by BdtDSG »

Heikz7GTI wrote:Will flash dsg box and see what happens. Just going to take software off as well. Maybe it is bigger problem.
Mine was on a MK5 Gti DSG, loaded the file and I felt hesitation straight after the flash. Put the stock file back a week later and the hesitation was gone. Try stock file first before spending extra money. They usually copy your stock file before they map the car, so should be quick and easy.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk