B7 passat oil leak

Kabir M
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years

B7 passat oil leak

Post by Kabir M »

Please please please can somebody help me. I'm in a desperate situation with my car. Since early 2017 I noticed oil leaks and vw said that they think it could be a cracked piston and wanted R16 000 just to diagnose the problem. They then said to me that it's normal for it to consume 400ml of oil every 1 or 2 weeks. Then they told me to to start using 5W 40 instead of 5W 30. I've now looked and there's a massive oil leak going on.

Please send me numbers because I have a video showing what the leak looks like from under the car.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
AirborneZA
Cadet
Registered for: 6 years 10 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: PASSAT B6 2.0 TSI

Re: B7 passat oil leak

Post by AirborneZA »

Where is it leaking from ? I have a B6 Passat 2.0 TSI and had a small leak that turned out to be the intercooler piping .. removed and cleaned everything, refitted and leak is gone. In terms of oil I use 10w40 Petronas from Goldwagen (I buy 5l for about R280) and need to top up every 2nd or 3rd week. Will change to 5w40 once the colder weather approaches. The high oil usage on some 2.0TSi motors is well documented .... people have tried redoing turbos, rings, heads, PCV replacements, snake oil High Mileage Compression Restore additive, with mixed results.
Kabir M
Enlisted

Post by Kabir M »

AirborneZA wrote:Where is it leaking from ? I have a B6 Passat 2.0 TSI and had a small leak that turned out to be the intercooler piping .. removed and cleaned everything, refitted and leak is gone. In terms of oil I use 10w40 Petronas from Goldwagen (I buy 5l for about R280) and need to top up every 2nd or 3rd week. Will change to 5w40 once the colder weather approaches. The high oil usage on some 2.0TSi motors is well documented .... people have tried redoing turbos, rings, heads, PCV replacements, snake oil High Mileage Compression Restore additive, with mixed results.
It's going into VW tomorrow morning, please PM Me your number and I can't show you what it looks like

AirborneZA
Cadet

Post by AirborneZA »

PM sent
Kabir M
Enlisted

Post by Kabir M »

AirborneZA wrote:PM sent
I haven't received anything

AirborneZA
Cadet

Post by AirborneZA »

Sent again ...
AirborneZA
Cadet

Post by AirborneZA »

Did you manage to find the leak ?
Kabir M
Enlisted

Post by Kabir M »

AirborneZA wrote:Did you manage to find the leak ?
Hi
VW said they've identified and have ordered the parts to fix it

AirborneZA
Cadet

Post by AirborneZA »

Did they tell what part it was ?