Feul hesitation golf 7

Jacques venter
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 5 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Vivo

Feul hesitation golf 7

Post by Jacques venter »

Good morning good people Do any one know what might be the problem The car have a slight hesitation and jerking when accelerating. It comes and goes but seems to be worst when driving in the reserve fuel (fuel light is on with 50 km to 0) It was at the stealer dealer yesterday They did test the coil-packs and all electrical components but vag com didn’t give any electrical errors they say its the fuel pump that looses pressure They want to replace the pump at a cost of 7 k not under warranty anymore and it doesn’t explain why it only happens when the fuel is low Any info will be much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Re: Feul hesitation golf 7

Post by panic-mechanic »

It's a lot cheaper to just keep the tank fuller.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Jacques venter
Enlisted

Post by Jacques venter »

panic-mechanic wrote:It's a lot cheaper to just keep the tank fuller.
Tnx panic problem is car is two months old with low km Ill hear what the seller says So it wont damage anything if i drive like this but with more fuel

Jacques venter
Enlisted

Post by Jacques venter »

Jacques venter wrote:
Tnx panic problem is car is two months old with low km Ill hear what the seller says So it wont damage anything if i drive like this but with more fuel

Does any body know if the Tsi have a pre screen like the citi 1.4 i golfie Vw done diagnostics and says its the fuel pump They only used vagcom and says its mechanical no codes showing up they think its the pump in the tank Also do you know of an alternative replacement pump or insert as goldwagen doesnt stock parts for it says agents only Cxs engine code

G-spot
Committee Member
Registered for: 16 years 6 months
Car Model: Audi S3 Sedan
Membership No: 1215

Post by G-spot »

Jacques venter wrote:

if the car is 2 months old why would it not have warranty?

ifits an older model and you had it 2 months then if there is fuel delivery issue chances are it will just get worse over time.
judging by the price it must be the lpfp, try and get a aftermarket replacement and change it yourself, its very easy to do
Grant Hendry
Membership no.:1215

Current:
2016 Audi S3 Sedan
1978 VW Golf 1100 GL
Ex:
2012 VW Golf GTI Edition 35
2007 VW Golf GTI
2006 Polo 1.9 TDI Sportline
2012 VW Polo GTI
Jacques venter
Enlisted

Post by Jacques venter »

G-spot wrote:
Jacques venter wrote:

ifits an older model and you had it 2 months then if there is fuel delivery issue chances are it will just get worse over time.
judging by the price it must be the lpfp, try and get a aftermarket replacement and change it yourself, its very easy to do
S

Jacques venter
Enlisted

Post by Jacques venter »

Jacques venter wrote:
G-spot wrote:
Jacques venter wrote:

S

Its a 2014 model wit 58000 km the extended warranty only covers fuel related up to 3 k but vw want 8 k I suspect its the lpfp inside the tank as they have opened it under the rear passenger seat and left it like that Im considering involving consumer law as I got the car in December. Do you know where Ill get the pump maybe Goldwagen don’t stock it