Broken engine golf 5 gti

Johan33
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Broken engine golf 5 gti

Post by Johan33 »

:( Good day everyone lost my golf 5 gti engine last week seems like the sprayer system in the block came loose after 8000 km newly build engine and jammed into the oil pump mcanics error... can anyone pls tell me if the import bwa engines is worth it as they are pretty expensive and i dont trust the mcanics here in welkom mods on the motor was ko4 setup 210 kw at the wheels thanx....
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 14 years
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Re: Broken engine golf 5 gti

Post by PapaJo »

Johan33 wrote::( Good day everyone lost my golf 5 gti engine last week seems like the sprayer system in the block came loose after 8000 km newly build engine and jammed into the oil pump mcanics error... can anyone pls tell me if the import bwa engines is worth it as they are pretty expensive and i dont trust the mcanics here in welkom mods on the motor was ko4 setup 210 kw at the wheels thanx....
Mechanic should own up to this. Did mechanic give any guarantee/warranty on work done?
Johan33
Enlisted

Post by Johan33 »

12 months and it has passed already the car was idling when i heard the noise so maybe the damage is not too bad lots if small pieces of pipe and stuff found in the sump....
vwpro
Captain
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Car Make: Audi Quatro, polo Beast and A3
Car Model: S3, Polo Playa,

Post by vwpro »

think 2nd hand they go for arround R30000 for complete motor give them a call 0820472653
:troll:
Johan33
Enlisted

Post by Johan33 »

Thanks alot
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

yes anything from R20k to R40k. hard to find though. except for the pump what else failed. Di you run it without oil pressure.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

Ouch
Not a cool thing at all, can't you get someone to look at your motor.
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

Aoh and it jams up the balancer shafts not the oil pump but they run off the same chain somthe end result is the oil pump not running.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
deon rupnarain
Cadet
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

Post by deon rupnarain »

Ouch , had my GTi engine fail on me just after purchasing it from a Oct seller .... Previous owner didn't tell me a few things , so ya i know this feeling . Sorry bud . I know this isn't much of a a help , but A guy from CPT can ship the engine to you but at a cost ...almost R41k for a BWA .
Sorry, I do know of someone from Durban that can also do it but I see where u from ....sorry.
Good luck .

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk
Current :
2008 1.9tdi 6 speed 4door :grin:
2022 Toyota Corolla Xr :bang: