Golf 5 MAP sensor - issues

Mischief Maker
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Golf 5 MAP sensor - issues

Post by Mischief Maker »

Hi guys- new to forum old to the brand...

yet another problematic map sensor - just had my map sensor replaced less than  9 months ago with about 5000kms since then and guess what ?! - car Jerks and no boost once the car heats up - halfway on the temperature gauge - cool the car down overnight - started up early in the morning and car runs fine until half way again on the temp gauge and the  no boost - then ran vag com - engine faults given manifold pressure boost - first intermitten then signal implausible and then signal exceeded and then signal to lower - vice versa - cleared all codes (while car was hot) error came back as manifold pressure boost- so immediately swapped old map sensor - hooked up vag com - cleared all codes - ran full diagnostic again and no errors found- started the car - drove until car heated up to halfway on the temperature gauge again and car lost boost again!!!

Ran vag com while the car was hot again -  error manifold pressure boost - same errors as above

This time what I did I put the previous sensor which was out of the car - left it in the fridge for 5 minutes and then replugged whIle the car was hot and ran vag com and cleared all old errors - ran a full diagnostic on the car and whaaalaa - all errors cleared .
 My question is would a map sensor be faulty when it heats up or could it be my wiring but NOTE what I have explained above is a process of elimination to prove that the harness  wasn't the cause.

Any advice on way forward ????
amstel18
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Tiguan Allspace
Membership No: missing

Re: Golf 5 MAP sensor - issues

Post by amstel18 »

Details on the car? Stock? Modified?

I know of some intakes that cause issues with map sensor positions and also some "file loaders" a.k.a Tuners also tend to get the maf scaling wrong sometimes
Current:
2022 GWM P-Series LT 4x4
Ex:
2018 VW Tiguan Allspace
2013 Audi A3 Sportback 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic
2015 Pure White 1.2tsi Comfortline
2011 2L BiTdi ROK D/C Highline
2006 Seat Ibiza Cupra TDI
91 Caddy, ADY motor on mp9, wildcat 4-1 branch and 50mm Evolution s/s exhaust
96 1600 Chico (sold)
Mischief Maker
Enlisted

Post by Mischief Maker »

Hi, I'm back

Finally got another Map sensor from the agents again, and guess what, car still having the same issues. " start the car up it runs well, boost fine, as soon as it heats up the car loses boost and only raw engine power". Drive home, run vcds and error: map sensor signal to high.

So now I have three good map sensors for a golf 5gti all from agents. Hahaha. I should start a second hand part shop!

So now what do I do?

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk
Mischief Maker
Enlisted

Post by Mischief Maker »

Sorry amstel18, car is stock besides a forge spacer.

amstel18
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Tiguan Allspace

Post by amstel18 »

Was the car fine before fitting the forge spacer? These motors cause all kinds of issues with a leaking DV, and for all intensive purposes, the forge spacer lets out air to cause a "WhoosH" sound.

This is metered air and the ECU can/may pick this up as an error as the air it once accounted for is now missing.

Seeing as you getting a manifold pressure error, my money is on the forge spacer.

Just run the latest revision OEM DV as a test run.
Current:
2022 GWM P-Series LT 4x4
Ex:
2018 VW Tiguan Allspace
2013 Audi A3 Sportback 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic
2015 Pure White 1.2tsi Comfortline
2011 2L BiTdi ROK D/C Highline
2006 Seat Ibiza Cupra TDI
91 Caddy, ADY motor on mp9, wildcat 4-1 branch and 50mm Evolution s/s exhaust
96 1600 Chico (sold)
Mischief Maker
Enlisted

Post by Mischief Maker »

Hi,

So I replaced with the latest revision oem dv when I fitted the forge spacer this was like 11 months ago . The car ran fine no issues up until a month ago. Thought as much I should change the dv while I'm under the car.

So rosstech says it could be the wiring that runs from the map sensor to the computer box that gets damaged, would anyone have a wiring diagram of this?

Hi amstel18, wil remove spacer and try my old dv as that one was fine. Crossing fingers it's sorted. If not it Could be the wiring.

MK2 G60
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 17 years 8 months
Car Make: vw
Membership No: 388

Post by MK2 G60 »

Please check what the read measure values are in rmvb115 when the error comes up.
Also the map sensor is not the only sensor on the circuit if you look at the diag. Bothe fuel pressure sensors and g40 is on the same power supply and the earth too. If any of those sensors is pulling power or earth it will affect the map sensor reading. Take that into consideration when checking the system.
G60 16V GOLF

WHAT WE LEAVE BEHIND IS NOT AS IMPORTANT AS HOW WE LIVED.

IT IS NOT UNSAFE IT IS OLD SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!

ALDO IS THE MAN WITH A GUN.
THATS HOW WE ROLL [SAINT-J]
GTS KNOWS HOW TO MAKE A STICKER.
Killerwatt
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 15 years 10 months
Car Make: AUDI
Car Model: S3

Post by Killerwatt »

Agree, the map sensors are not really troublesome components on this motor.

Do you have the actuall fault code for this?
Mischief Maker
Enlisted

Post by Mischief Maker »

Hi guys, ok so I have run vcds several times with the fault code: P0237 - 002 Signal too low- intermittent

Mischief Maker
Enlisted

Post by Mischief Maker »

I can upload my logs, for each time.

Mischief Maker
Enlisted

Post by Mischief Maker »

So these are the different logs I ran each time I changed the map sensor, note last log I dnt have here, that was with the new map sensor.Image

Mischief Maker
Enlisted

Post by Mischief Maker »

g60 golf wrote:Please check what the read measure values are in rmvb115 when the error comes up.
Also the map sensor is not the only sensor on the circuit if you look at the diag. Bothe fuel pressure sensors and g40 is on the same power supply and the earth too. If any of those sensors is pulling power or earth it will affect the map sensor reading. Take that into consideration when checking the system.
Hi g60, what is rmvb115? And you say that the map sensor is not the only sensor on the diagram, if you could pls send me that diagram.

Thanks guys for all the help. Poor girl, been collecting dust in the garage for so long now. Hope to get her ready for a few car shows coming up.

Mischief Maker
Enlisted

Post by Mischief Maker »

g60 golf wrote:Please check what the read measure values are in rmvb115 when the error comes up.
Hi g60, what is rmvb115? And you say that the map sensor is not the only sensor on the diagram, if you could pls send me that diagram.

Thanks guys for all the help. Poor girl, been collecting dust in the garage for so long now. Hope to get her ready for a few car shows coming up.

MK2 G60
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 17 years 8 months
Car Make: vw
Membership No: 388

Post by MK2 G60 »

Rmvb is read meausre value block channel 115. There it shows u what the ecu wants and what the ecu actually sees from sensor at a given rpm and throttle position. You need to look at that. You also need to check the voltage on the sensor when the error is present. Because input voltage affects what the sensor puts out to ecu.
G60 16V GOLF

WHAT WE LEAVE BEHIND IS NOT AS IMPORTANT AS HOW WE LIVED.

IT IS NOT UNSAFE IT IS OLD SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!

ALDO IS THE MAN WITH A GUN.
THATS HOW WE ROLL [SAINT-J]
GTS KNOWS HOW TO MAKE A STICKER.
Mischief Maker
Enlisted

Post by Mischief Maker »

Hi, ok so where can I get this measurement tool from?

Mischief Maker
Enlisted

Post by Mischief Maker »

Do you mean measuring blocks on vcds for map sensor?

panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

Yes use vcds and check block 115 you might have to use advanced values to get into them.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Mischief Maker
Enlisted

Post by Mischief Maker »

Thanks guys, will check tonight