Wiring a Dicktator 60-2 on an AGU engine

siraajburton
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 3 months

Re: Wiring a Dicktator 60-2 on an AGU engine

Post by siraajburton »

Hi. I need help. I wired up and the car started. Took it for a test drive. After the 4th test car just switch of. Try to start it and there was no pulse on lights on dictator box. I than change the crack sensor still no pulse. I change the 4 wire pencil coils still no pulsing. Check all wiring found no broken wire.
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Post by PapaJo »

siraajburton wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:34 pm Hi. I need help. I wired up and the car started. Took it for a test drive. After the 4th test car just switch of. Try to start it and there was no pulse on lights on dictator box. I than change the crack sensor still no pulse. I change the 4 wire pencil coils still no pulsing. Check all wiring found no broken wire.
Confirm that the red led light is on when you switch ecu on.

If red led light does not come on when you switch on ignition, check your power feed circuit.

If red led light is on you are getting power to the ecu, then connect laptop and cable and check whether you see any rpm during cranking of motor.

If no rpm during cranking of motor, check the sensor wiring. It should be a crank sensor and not a crack sensor.....lol. Check also that you have the same type sensor installed and that the sensor seats properly in position and is not further out the block causing a larger air gap between sensor tip and trigger wheel.
Mashele
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 3 months
Car Make: Vw golf mk4 bora 1.8T AGU
Car Model: Mk4 golf 1.8t Agu 20v

Post by Mashele »

:crazy: guys please help just installed a diktator on my mk4 1.8T 20v AGU everything works fine but I can't seem to find where to connect my rpm wire can anyone shed some light
Rudi46
Cadet
Registered for: 14 years 5 months
Car Make: Nike
Car Model: Walk and see more
Membership No: missing

Post by Rudi46 »

Needs to be connected to the crank angle sensor.
Current - 1994 VW Caddy 1.8i
EX - 05 Audi A3 Sportback DSG 2TDI
Ex - 01 VW Golf MK4 TDi Estate
Ex - 00 Triumph Sprint ST(Stollen)
Ex - 83 Caddy
Ex - 02 Audi S3
Ex - Kartcraft Kestrel beach Buggy
Ex - 98 Golf Chico 2L
Ex - 01 Golf 4 Tdi
Ex - 92 Citi shuttle 2L
Ex - 90 Yamaha FZR1000
Ex - 90 Honda CBR400
Ex - 03 Honda NSR150SP
ReyQii1902
Enlisted
Registered for: 2 years 1 month

Audi a3 1.8t 60-2

Post by ReyQii1902 »

Hii guys im getting spark then loosing spark just want to find out does it got to do with the VE- and do i needthe7 pin module to connect on or are there straight way to connect on my engine
ReyQii1902
Enlisted
Registered for: 2 years 1 month

Audi a3 1.8t 60-2

Post by ReyQii1902 »

Hii guys im getting a spark but a weak spark while crancking then just falls away