Golf 3 gti 16v turbo

missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Re: Golf 3 gti 16v turbo

Post by missioner »

MK1 Audi TT dash? I will check it out. I think I know where you are going exterior wise now. I think you should change the colour of the car and perhaps colour code the engine and engine bay.

For inspiration look up Taz0 on the forum, he built a citi with a MK 5 dash and interior powered by a PGTi 20vT engine. Black and red interior, black exterior, red engine bay and colour coded black and red engine. Sadly the car is sold now, but was nearly an epic show car that would have taken dozens of trophies.
'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+
Lee Bonehill
Enlisted
Registered for: 9 years 10 months

Post by Lee Bonehill »

I will have a look, In my opinion I like the green but its to much of one color so that's why I am thinking of the black roof in the speed and sound theirs a g4 I think and its orange and black looks good.

but my first steeps now are to get this machine running again .

who knew that you could use a plug from a pc power supply as your plug on your dictator management .the color coding is not the same but If you know where pin 1 is and 10 and so forth it can be wired in, why pay 350 for it when it cost's you some thinking and a relay.
Lee Bonehill
Enlisted

Post by Lee Bonehill »

Hope you all have been well, i eventually started on the golf yesterday and wired in my own harness i made for the dictator std ecu . there are 4 wires i am not too sure about , can some one kindely assist me with a gti ecu pinout diagram so i can finish up the loom. Would greatly appreciate it
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Post by PapaJo »

Wire colours and whereabouts in the harnass and we may be able to give you the correct info.
Lee Bonehill
Enlisted

Post by Lee Bonehill »

Thanks papa jo i will give post the details when i get home