Jetta 4 1.8T cutting power intermitantly

doctordubs
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Re: Jetta 4 1.8T cutting power intermitantly

Post by doctordubs »

now that has just stumped me... I cannot get around bulbs causing so much drama lol. im gonna try it lol
doctordubs
Cadet

Post by doctordubs »

and iv been a vag technician for 10 years
doctordubs
Cadet

Post by doctordubs »

Found issue with my jetta. Plugs under dash by fusebox and footwell on passenger side had badly corroded earths. Prob caused by initial shitty earth under the battery. Car going sweet again

Sent from my GT-S5280 using Tapatalk
JVTsi2L15792
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by JVTsi2L15792 »

Jet-R wrote:I have a 2005 Jetta 4 1.8T and since I bought it, it would intermittently cut power while driving. Sometimes it would cut and go again. Other times I would have to take my foot off the accelerator and on again. This happens basically on every trip and at time it wouldn't do it for 2 days. The rev counter never go to zero and engine never stalls.
A few months ago I drove to Durban (+-650km's) for the first say 150km's the cutting was so bad that I almost turned around. Suddenly it all stopped. Drove a further say 500km to my destination without happening once. Was on vacation and drove around Durban for a week and returned home again without happening once. Only about 50km's from home it started again.
I have replaced the Airflowmeter, Temp sensor(green) , Fuelpump relay, Electronic Accelerator pedal, Breather hoses, timing belt, tensioners, waterpump, Plugs,Filters (all). Cleaned Throttlebody , MAF Sensor, Airflowmeter, Turbo Pipes, Intercooler. This all made no difference.
I have read lots of similar posts but did not find any answers yet. Can anyone help, wouldn't like to get rid of my R.
Hi Jet-R :hurray: i have the same problem on my Jetta 2 litre Highline, but it only happens when the tank is below a quarter tank HELP Anyone :crazy:
npwerner
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Post by npwerner »

2004 1.8T GTI - when making only right turns the car randomly loses connectivity at throttle pedal and dash gauges go flat to zero. Will regain composure usually after about 5 seconds and continue on its way normally with throttle response back and gauges back to whatever speed and at whatever engine RPM it has dropped to after being given no fuel. Engine does not turn off and continues to run as if you leave off the throttle completely. If it does it at low speeds obviously it stalls because the rpm’s were too low but if making a higher speed turn I just downshift, wait and it pops back on after a long 5 seconds +\-. Dash stays illuminated and everything else appears ok. I’m guessing it’s a connector either in the steering column or at the cluster because it’s drive by wire. The pedal from what I understand sends it’s signal through the dash cluster and this if the dash is blooping out to zero.... no signal transmits to engine for throttle to be sent. Any ideas other than checking connectors in column, at ignition tumbler and at dash cluster?