Car Make: VW
Car Model: White-G5 GTi

Re: 2006 Golf 5 GTI - misfire

Post by Camo »

M@rc!0 wrote:
Camo wrote:
GV wrote:
Camo wrote: On top of your HPFP!
Normally when it is cracked it will misfire and also give EPC light!
your car will starve from fueling. I got a permanent fix for it if broken.
no EPC light.
is this not the same as the thrust sensor?
The HPFP has two Sensors,..The one on the TOP normally gives kak! I see you made mention that the Thrust Sensor and the Cam follower have been changed.
Do you have a pic of the old cam Follower and can you take a pic of the HPFP to see if the TOP Sensor not Cracked!
Mine never gave EPC light until the crack was worse. The car had very bad misfire and thought it was coils.

When I went to Shaheen @ E-Tuners we found TOP Sensor on the HPFP cracked.
howzit, so whats the fix for the cracked top sensor?? im struggling with it now...replaced fuel rail sensor and thrust sensor only for the hpfp sensor to go now...bad misfire once i just touch the throttle

You would need to completely strip the black plastic from the top of the sensor, then solder the two pins to wires,..once done you would then have to trace and connect the two wires to the other end as per the plug. If you not gonna use after market plugs I would suggest that you give the connection or wire little bit slack to allow for HPFP to com off in future.

If you want I will help, I have a spare top sensor that I have already done.
CW MKV GTi - Kontrol Freaks CAI - Xcede DP + Exhaust - DogBone Insert - 30mm Lowered - R8 Coils - RevH DV - 20" AMG Wheels - R32 Bumper & Mudflaps