Dicktator Puzzle....

Gts88
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Citi

Dicktator Puzzle....

Post by Gts88 »

Hi Guys.... I need some assistance from the Guru's...... Had my sons 1.6 Chico changed from Carb to FI. Dictator very nicely installed and and Dyno tuned. Very respectable 61 wheel Kw and 140nm on stock setup...... BUT Here is the thing..... When starting, Cold or Hot, if you don't crank the engine and start it while the Dictator is still in its initial pump prime time, (Now 3 Sec) you can forget about starting that cabby.. You will cranc all the batteries from Midas pap. The Dictator power on LED indicates but there is no life on the other two.....
If I however Crank the engine within 3 seconds before the pump prime time runs out, she starts and the liggies does their Disco jam like normal..... this one is running a MAP setup...

My 2.0 Citi rubs TPS and It does not work like that..... I can put ignition on and start it whenever I like, in or outside Pump priming sequence. no issue..

Please help me Why could this be ????

Ps, Car was expertly done by Sarel and his team at 8VP..........
Quik-Trix
Lieutenant
Registered for: 15 years 8 months
Car Model: '84 Mk1 2.0 20v ITB's
Membership No: 3004

Re: Dicktator Puzzle....

Post by Quik-Trix »

seems like the pump cuts off when starting after the initial prime.
you could extend the prime or try and trace why it cuts off- maybe a faulty relay also.
Gts88
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 3 months
Car Model: Citi

Re: Dicktator Puzzle....

Post by Gts88 »

Quik-Trix wrote:seems like the pump cuts off when starting after the initial prime.
you could extend the prime or try and trace why it cuts off- maybe a faulty relay also.
Spoke to the chaps at 8vP… apparently its on all the new version Dictator standard ECU’s. When wired through the immobilizer like mine on a 3 pin coil, it needs a additional non switched ignition supply to the coil, alternatively I can just increase the pump prime time and start within the prime period…. Job done….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk