Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK3 GTi 2.0 8v

MK3 GTi 5x100 conversion (Not drilling)

Post by duggy8v »

Hi all,

Been a while..

Need some assistance with converting to 5x100. Struggling to find the correct parts for the front. I have the polo 9n 256mm 5x100 brake discs ready to be fitted at the front. I am having difficulties with the hub though. I had come across the VR6 hub (ABS ring to be removed)

The VR6 hub has a 38 tooth spline whereas the GTi is a 22 tooth spline (Somebody please prove me wrong)
I will have to use the VR6 CV joint as this has 38 teeth which will mate with the VR6 hub. I will be replacing bearings as well and theoretically, the VR6 hub and GTi/VR6 bearing will work together in the carrier. I am just not sure whether the VR6 CV joint will work. Is there any other difference with the VR6 and GTi CV joints besides the outer teeth ? (VR6 38 teeth, GTi 22 teeth)

I do not want to drill and tap as this conversion will be permanent.

For the rears I have sourced VR6 rear discs which will be a straight fit. (5x100 - 14mm bolts)

Any input is appreciated.

Thank you.

'95 VW Golf MKIII GTi
'99 Opel Corsa B 1.4i - Sold
'84 VW Golf MKII CSL - 2.0 8V AFW - Sold
duggy8v
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK3 GTi 2.0 8v

Re: MK3 GTi 5x100 conversion (Not drilling)

Post by duggy8v »

Update -

The Vr6 cv joint will work. Vr6 hubs will be needed.
The polo 9n discs did not work as they were 3mm thicker. Used GTi discs and drilled to 5x100. Few clearance issues but we all know our way around.

Rears are a straight fit with the Vr6 disc.

'95 VW Golf MKIII GTi
'99 Opel Corsa B 1.4i - Sold
'84 VW Golf MKII CSL - 2.0 8V AFW - Sold