Golf mk1 shuttle 1.3

Deniboy
Cadet
Registered for: 4 years 7 months
Car Make: vw
Car Model: 1997 city golf 1.3

Golf mk1 shuttle 1.3

Post by Deniboy »

Hi guys anyone owns a golf mk1 1.3 1997 model I have few questions about the vacuum hoses on these carb engines
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Re: Golf mk1 shuttle 1.3

Post by Unobeat »

Post away the question and i am sure someone will advice.
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
Deniboy
Cadet
Registered for: 4 years 7 months
Car Make: vw
Car Model: 1997 city golf 1.3

Re: Golf mk1 shuttle 1.3

Post by Deniboy »

ok here goes i have a 1997 model 1.3 carb, car runs well however i feel the carb is set up wrong, the break servo pipe the one that goes into the manifold has two nipples one is blocked off and one is open sucking air aside from it being this way from the time i owned this car i use it daily and it runs well aside from it pinging abit when engine gets warm and a slight flat spot/low rpm misfire now and then. whenever i try blocking that nipple off on the servo pipe the car will die, once i blocked it off and increased idle speed screw to keep it running and the engine got flooded... im so confused fair enough the car drives well but i want everything to be setup correctly not a backdoor method a lot of people told me just replace the pipe but that still doesn't solve my issue because if that nipple is blocked the car will end up dying immediately, please note i have a pirate carb and i presume the previous owner set this carb in away to accommodate for the unmetered air. another thing when i lift my bonnet up i can see a vacuum hose diagram sticker one line goes from the dizzy to the back of carb and the other goes from the break servo pipes nipple to the joke diaphragm. please guys any help will be appreciated